• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help

Janlion

Hey guys. I had the sleeve done 3 weeks ago. I am down 17 pounds. I am on puréed food. But every Time I try to eat or drink anything I get this really sick feeling. 1 spoon or one sip. I suffer from acid reflux.

Curious.

Does the sick feeling happen BEFORE you take the bite or sip?

If so, it could be anxiety. If not, it may be a part of your healing process.

First, call your surgical team or nutritionist. Rule out any organic causes. They won't mind if you call.

If everything is intact, you may be having a psychosomatic reaction, based on your eating disorder. OBESITY is a symptom of an eating disorder.

We can't give medical advice, and how you recover is important for your doctor to know.

Sometimes a course of omeprazole and/or ondansetron can get you through a stage of nausea. M of M or any OTC medicine really won't help you. Those two above are Rx strength zofran and prilosec. Take the Rx by asking your doc. Once you're healed, you may never have nausea again.

Last edited:
Curious.

Does the sick feeling happen BEFORE you take the bite or sip?

If so, it could be anxiety. If not, it may be a part of your healing process.

First, call your surgical team or nutritionist. Rule out any organic causes. They won't mind if you call.

If everything is intact, you may be having a psychosomatic reaction, based on your eating disorder. OBESITY is a symptom of an eating disorder.

We can't give medical advice, and how you recover is important for your doctor to know.

Sometimes a course of omeprazole and/or ondansetron can get you through a stage of nausea. M of M or any OTC medicine really won't help you. Those two above are Rx strength zofran and proposed. Take the Rx by asking your doc. Once you're healed, you may never have nausea again.
Hi. It happens after. I was Prescribe some nausea medicine I think it’s time I start taking it. Thank you

Back