• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi There all New and ready for a change

Amanda Hamilton

Hi My name is Amanda and I am 35 years old my whole life I have been a big girl My highest weight recorded was 415 lbs that was 10 years ago after I had my son. I have fought hard to get down to 270-280 and plateaued for the last 4 years so I have made the decision to go ahead with the Bariatric Surgery> I am in the first stages of it and have met with my nutritionist once, The surgeon once. I have lost 7 lbs in the first 3 weeks. Just trying to find somewhere that I can belong and get some support and encouragement to carry on.

Hi My name is Amanda and I am 35 years old my whole life I have been a big girl My highest weight recorded was 415 lbs that was 10 years ago after I had my son. I have fought hard to get down to 270-280 and plateaued for the last 4 years so I have made the decision to go ahead with the Bariatric Surgery> I am in the first stages of it and have met with my nutritionist once, The surgeon once. I have lost 7 lbs in the first 3 weeks. Just trying to find somewhere that I can belong and get some support and encouragement to carry on.
You came to the right spot, and welcome... You did well getting weight off before the surgery, You will do awesome after, a whole new you. Wishing you the best of luck. Come talk to us anytime, we have your back....

Fantastic that you are going foreward with your plans. For me the thought of the surgery was scary. Now I wonder why I did not do it way before now. Had my sleeve done January 23rd, 2017. The pain after was not as bad as I expected, I have not been any more sore that I was after giving birth. So that is a plus. One thing that I wish I had understood better as I was in the last few weeks before the surgery was to practice sipping the fluids. For me after the surgery it was harder than I thought to take small sips of fluids, very frequently. But hey, this is learning a new way of getting my nutrition in. I do not regret getting the surgery at all. If my scales are correct I have lost 17 pounds since January 23rd. Be sure and walk all that you can before and after surgery. Fix the family some meals ahead of time and freeze them I am back to cooking some for my family and am surprised that it has not bothered me. Best of all I have had no hunger.

Hi Amanda. Welcome to the group. You've come to the right place for support and encouragement. We have a great group of people here. Congrats on your awesome weight loss. What type of surgery are you having? I had gastric bypass on 12/6/16. I feel like I started life over on that day.

Hello, welcome, every one here is awesome, we are all going through the same thing

Great to have you here. I wish I could of done it 10 years ago, but I put it off trying one more fad diet. Now that my surgery is over with the recovery time was easy. The best part is the support groups. Having people that understand what you are going through. There is no judging here. We talk about the good things and the mistakes.

I also would have liked to
Great to have you here. I wish I could of done it 10 years ago, but I put it off trying one more fad diet. Now that my surgery is over with the recovery time was easy. The best part is the support groups. Having people that understand what you are going through. There is no judging here. We talk about the good things and the mistakes.
I wish I could have done it 10years ago too, but couldn't afford it with two kids at home, now they are on their own and doing great and it is my turn now to get my life back, and make it better so I can enjoy it more

Back