• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I need a revision

Hi, I'm new to the form. I had a roux en y bypass 16 yrs ago. It was vey successful for 12 years. I lost 120 pounds initially. I maintained the weight loss for 12 years. Then I started gaining weight back. I have gained 100 pounds over 5 years. I was reading about revisional surgery. I went to Pittsburgh to UPMC. I was told there is no proven benefit to revisional surgery. I have to limit calories and exercise. I want to do those things, but I am having difficulty, with portion control. That is why I had the original surgery. I have no doubt that I can put in the hard work and obtain a healthy weight. My food choices are good overall, its just the amount. I would just love the opportunity to have a revision to get the hunger and portions under control. I read about about revisional surgery and it is indicated for weight gain after a procedure. I just need to find a surgeon to help me. Anybody have revisional surgery. I would appreciate any leads.

Last edited:
Hi Terri. I'm sorry that you are having problems trying to get the revision surgery. I myself just had the RNY three weeks ago so I am not up on the procedures for a revision nor am I very knowledgeable about the Pittsburgh area (I'm in Indianapolis). I just didn't want you to think your post was going unread. Hopefully one of our veterans will have some leads for you regarding this. I know I have seen several people post about revisions so you can always try to do a search of posts regarding it. While you are in the process of looking for a surgeon to do the revision, have you thought about doing a pouch reset?

I don't know much about Revision either but you should get the Baritastic APP and they have Bariatric Social for FB.
There are thousands of people on there and I see post about getting the Revision all the time.
I bet they can give you some tips.
Good luck.

Back