• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm new to the group

KathyO4

I had RNY surgery in January, 2005, and have had my ups and downs. I have maintained my goal weight for the last 4 1/2 yrs, but I've been looking for a support group for a long, long time. I'm so glad I found this one!

I had RNY surgery in January, 2005, and have had my ups and downs. I have maintained my goal weight for the last 4 1/2 yrs, but I've been looking for a support group for a long, long time. I'm so glad I found this one!
Hi Kathy, so glad you found us! It's great to have a successful WLS veteran on our team. :)

Congratulations on maintaining your goal weight, I'm sure it's taken a lot of work and determination.

Welcome to the group Kathy! I am the same, so glad I found this group :D. Like Brenda said, it is great to have a veteran on the team! Which surgery did you have? And what would you say, looking back now, was your biggest challenge after the surgery?

Welcome to the group Kathy! I am the same, so glad I found this group :D. Like Brenda said, it is great to have a veteran on the team! Which surgery did you have? And what would you say, looking back now, was your biggest challenge after the surgery?
Missdarmitage, thank you! I had the Lapriscopic Roux-en-y surgery. In the beginning, my greatest hurdle was getting in enough protein. I tend to lean towards being a vegetarian. Lol. Then I discovered protein shakes!! Now my biggest hurdle is exercise. So where are you in your journey?

Missdarmitage, thank you! I had the Lapriscopic Roux-en-y surgery. In the beginning, my greatest hurdle was getting in enough protein. I tend to lean towards being a vegetarian. Lol. Then I discovered protein shakes!! Now my biggest hurdle is exercise. So where are you in your journey?
I am just over 3 weeks post op for the same procedure. Mine has turned out to be (at least so far) the best case scenario. I've been hitting all the goals I need to without problems. I think exercise is going to be my biggest problem once I return to work next week. I am aiming to walk 3 miles in the morning before work, a mile on my lunch break, and then work out with my sister after work. It sounds amazing in theory, but I just don't know about that ambitious goal for the AM. I am able to do it right now, but that is also because I'm not taxing myself with an 8 hour work day at the same time. I guess time will tell but I hope my determination wins out over my love of sleep lol.

Back