• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just got home from the hospital & had my sleeve done :)

KathyLev

Spent 2 days in the hospital . This surgery wasn't bad! I just feel like I did 1,000 sit ups. This is the weirdest thing - after surgery I GAINED 6 pounds ! I joked with my surgeon , if this keeps up I'm going to want my money back. LOL He laughed and assured me it's from fluid. I can't wait to deflate .... ! Now comes the hard part , breaking old habits . This will certainly be an adventure !

Hi KathyLev, remember to take it easy, get lots of rest and keep up your water intake so you don't become dehydrated. I'm 4 months out from sleeve surgery, still having good days and not so good days, but confident this surgery was the right decision. Breaking old habits is tough but as Suthy points out, stick with following your plan. One of the toughest parts for me is seeing food or thinking about foods but actually physically not having any room in my stomach to eat. It's a battle with my brain.

Back