• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Liquid diets

jodieplus2

Hello, new here. Single mother of 2. never been skinny. im looking forward to it. Im extreamly excited. My surgery is scheduled for this week, on the 11th. I have had my issues with the liquid diet. any advice i have 3 days left to make it work for me.
Thanks
Jodie

Jodie-Welcome to the forum. You are so very close to surgery and I know you don't want to mess up your liquid diet now. You didn't indicate if you are on clear liquids only. I was allowed to have thin hot cereals, popsicles, pudding, applesauce, instant mashed potatoes and even meatless spaghetti sauce so I didn't mind the pre-op diet too much. Try calling the nutritionist first thing in the morning to see if you can have something along the lines of what I mentioned above. In any event, you are so close and I know you can do this :) :) :)

Hi Jodie, Welcome. Your almost there, I don't have much to add to what Pat said, so just keep doing your best and remember you only have a couple more days left, we have both gone through what you are going through and we know you can do it:D Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Jodie,

You really need to get in your protein and you'll only get enough if you do protein shakes. I do mine with water no milk. I try and get in 3 30 grams each a day. You won't get enough from food. I'm not sure what post op diet you'll have but I didn't eat anything solid for at least 10 days. I'd buy a few samples of protein online, find a good quality one, and try out some flavors. Watch the artificial sugar - it can give you gas and really bad diarrea - think the sorbitols but I can't remember. The protein will also keep you from feeling too weak....

I had my surg. in 2005 and lost 130 initially and kept it off for 2-3 yrs. Hope this helps.

Deb

Back