• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Missy's Chicken Parm

1lb Ground Chicken
1/2 C Shredded Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1 T Italian Seasoning (I prefer the Good Seasonings Zesty Italian Dry Salad Dressing Mix .. SO GOOD!)
1/4 C Grated Parmesan OR a Parmesan/Breadcrumb mixture.
Olive Oil Spray (PAM) or you can use 1T of Olive Oil
Mix chicken and mozzarella together and form patties.
(If mixture is too dry, add a little milk. If mixture is too moist, add some Parm or a few breadcrumbs.)
Dip each side of patties into Grated Parmesan to form a crust. (No need to dip into egg first- ground chicken is very moist!)
Spray skillet or Heat 1 T Olive Oil.
Saute Patties until browned on each side. Times depends entirely on thickness of patties. You can see the chicken turn white on the sides and juice will run clear when completely cooked.
Serve with your favorite Spaghetti Sauce or Marinara on top.

These sound delicious! I love chicken parm, I make it at home with shake n bake instead of frying it. Then throw some sauce on top, I don't even eat the noodles. I am going to have to try your version, yummy!
I found since surgery I can't do cold meats though, its weird. Makes me sick. Lunch meat is fine, but like chicken/pork etc. is a hard no.

1lb Ground Chicken
1/2 C Shredded Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1 T Italian Seasoning (I prefer the Good Seasonings Zesty Italian Dry Salad Dressing Mix .. SO GOOD!)
1/4 C Grated Parmesan OR a Parmesan/Breadcrumb mixture.
Olive Oil Spray (PAM) or you can use 1T of Olive Oil
Mix chicken and mozzarella together and form patties.
(If mixture is too dry, add a little milk. If mixture is too moist, add some Parm or a few breadcrumbs.)
Dip each side of patties into Grated Parmesan to form a crust. (No need to dip into egg first- ground chicken is very moist!)
Spray skillet or Heat 1 T Olive Oil.
Saute Patties until browned on each side. Times depends entirely on thickness of patties. You can see the chicken turn white on the sides and juice will run clear when completely cooked.
Serve with your favorite Spaghetti Sauce or Marinara on top.
I saw your pictures of food that you have created and it looks fantastic, wish we had smell-a-vision lol will try this. I love to cook.

most of the plates are deliberated overfull because I wanted the beauty shot. I take the food off and measure before I eat.

thank you! If you love to cook, you should be able to figure these out. I don't use recipes so can't share!

most of the plates are deliberated overfull because I wanted the beauty shot. I take the food off and measure before I eat.

thank you! If you love to cook, you should be able to figure these out. I don't use recipes so can't share!
LOL I figured as much. My son is like "Mom, write your recipes down"! lol As Marie Barone would say, you cook with love lol

Back