• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My New Life

MyNewLife

Hello, I am also new to this and not sure how it all works. My surgery is Feb 27,2017 I am so excited. Feels like it will never get here.
I see my surgeon on valentines day and get my pre-op done. I am so close to the weight requirements that i was told that he may waive the
liver shrinking diet for me. Does anyone know when the last time is they weigh you before you have surgery. do they weigh you the day of surgery?

Hello, I am also new to this and not sure how it all works. My surgery is Feb 27,2017 I am so excited. Feels like it will never get here.
I see my surgeon on valentines day and get my pre-op done. I am so close to the weight requirements that i was told that he may waive the
liver shrinking diet for me. Does anyone know when the last time is they weigh you before you have surgery. do they weigh you the day of surgery?
I hope they waive the liver shrinking. Wasn't an option for me and it was the worst. Last time I was weighed was at pre op appt. too much going on the day of surgery.

I to have surgery this month on the 14th, Just 2 more days.... Wish I could have skipped the pre op diet..... This is just wrong for a phat kid....LOL smelling all that food and cant even try it. Congrats on your getting your date, and good luck

I wish I was weighed on surgery day but it didn't happen, I hope you don't have to do the liquid diet before hand, that was the worst part of this whole experience for me, their is alot of support on this site, welcome

Thanks everyone. I will find out about that diet tomorrow. then only 2 weeks left till my big day... right now i just dream about it but soon to be a reality
Wishing you the best... I just had my surgery on the 14th... Recovering well... Back to walking a mile a day, going for 2 walks today the 18th, soreness is liveable with out the meds. Nice slow walks is How I roll right now.... I am sure you'll do great. Just keep your head in the game and push forward..... Need help we are all her for you....

Back