• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need Help Day 5 post op from GB

I am 5 days out from GB and have been told to take my blood thinners as usual, Tylenol and my heartburn meds which are tablet forms. I have been dissolving them but accidently swallowed 2 Tylenol tablets on day 2 at the same time (with no issue). I was not told to dissolve them and was wondering has anyone been told swallow your pills 1 at a time each 15 minutes apart.
Also, I am reading about constipation, but for me it's the opposite. I have diarrhea instead several times a day of course liquid. I have follow up coming next week but was just curious experiences you others have had with meds.
I am allowed full liquid today as well what can I eat that isn't water, ice, broth, fairlife LOL Everything has sugar or seems off limits. I dont know ounces and I fear the dumping syndrome therefor not sure when full is.

I am 5 days out from GB and have been told to take my blood thinners as usual, Tylenol and my heartburn meds which are tablet forms. I have been dissolving them but accidently swallowed 2 Tylenol tablets on day 2 at the same time (with no issue). I was not told to dissolve them and was wondering has anyone been told swallow your pills 1 at a time each 15 minutes apart.
Also, I am reading about constipation, but for me it's the opposite. I have diarrhea instead several times a day of course liquid. I have follow up coming next week but was just curious experiences you others have had with meds.
I am allowed full liquid today as well what can I eat that isn't water, ice, broth, fairlife LOL Everything has sugar or seems off limits. I dont know ounces and I fear the dumping syndrome therefor not sure when full is.
I also want to add that I’ve really loved vitamin water zero, and my dietician told me about the crystal light that has some caffeine which I’ve replaced my coffee for. I was told to take tablets a few minutes apart also, and I haven’t had that full feeling either. I’ve been diluting my protein shakes with almond milk and just drinking it slowly and I’ve had no problems. Sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free pudding have been staples for me. Slow and steady! I even had my first three tablespoons of grits yesterday without side effect. I think for me the rule of thumb has been slow and steady. A veteran on this site said she had introduced anything new or different for her dinner, and I think that’s a good idea too so you make sure to get your liquid and protein then add a pinch of something new (that’s approved) later in the day. Sending all kinds of love and light your way!

Back