• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to group

Hi, Renee. I would suggest:

Searching or browsing through the forums for items to take to the hospital and things you might need when you get home.
*hint: a search of the phrase "abdominal binder" will get you the quickest results.

Try several protein drinks/shakes to find what you like best. And pick a few up for your first few days of liquid diet. Only a few. You need less than you think AND your taste buds may change post op. But you do want to have a few things handy.

Buy a small package of unflavored protein to add to soups or warm beverages.

Keep practicing your new, healthy habits. They are what are going to give you long term success.

Welcome to the group and good luck.

Hey neighbor Renee. I'm from the far western part of WV and had RNYin July. Which surgery are you looking at getting?

The best advice I can share is to up your water intake. Please wean yourself off of any pop including sugar-free, juice, sugary sports drinks and caffeine. Try to get at least 64 oz of water daily, and more is better (I drink 64-80 oz daily.)

Practice sipping rather than gulping. Dehydration after surgery is a real danger, so sipping water throughout the day will help you prepare for your post-surgery fabulous new life. Add a bit of lemon or lime juice (i.e. ReaLemon) if that helps.

Best of luck in getting your surgery date.

Welcome Renee
Thank you!

Searching or browsing through the forums for items to take to the hospital and things you might need when you get home.
*hint: a search of the phrase "abdominal binder" will get you the quickest results.

Try several protein drinks/shakes to find what you like best. And pick a few up for your first few days of liquid diet. Only a few. You need less than you think AND your taste buds may change post op. But you do want to have a few things handy.

Keep practicing your new, healthy habits. They are what are going to give you long term success.

Thank you so much for the great advice. I will keep all those things in mind and refer back to this alot before surgery

Thank you so much for the great advice! I will refer back to this post alot before surgery!

Back