• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new to site waiting on surgery

tiggerp

hi i don't know what more i have to do and if this site will work for my dr. i'm having the sleeve done i hope

Welcome. Are you going through insurance or cash pay? Also there are some support groups on Facebook too.

insurance

yes my insurance is paying for it just got to wait on doc jump through a few more hoops just caan't hardly wait . where did you get your count down at i like it:cool:

You just have to do a search for bariatric support group. If you click on my ticker it should take you to the website to set it up.

Ask your doctor or patient coordinator specifically what the requirements are for your insurance. They will nit pick it to death and you want all your ducks in a row so you get approved right of the bat. What all have you done?

For my insurance I had to do initial consultation and blood work, 6 months of weight management, cardiologist clearance, echocardiogram, psych evaluation, nutrition class and an endoscopy before it was sent to the insurance for final approval. Now I just have hospital registration, pre-op consultation and blood work and 2 week liquid diet that starts 11/27.

Good luck with your surgery. I am new to this site. Surgery date 12/2 I am ready and nervous.

Back