• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to website

Cher123

I have had my gastric bypass surgery 10 days ago. The pain is livable now. I broke from one of the medication I was put on after surgery. Should I be worried about only kidding 3 pounds so far. When should I start to walking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I have had my gastric bypass surgery 10 days ago. The pain is livable now. I broke from one of the medication I was put on after surgery. Should I be worried about only kidding 3 pounds so far. When should I start to walking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi Cher and welcome. Congratulations on your surgery. No, you shouldn't be worried about weight loss right now. Your body is recovering and retaining fluids and all kinds of physiological things are going on under the hood. Just focus on staying hydrated and if you're up to eating or protein drinks, that's a bonus. Try to give yourself at least another week before getting on the scale. I know it's easier said than done but weighing yourself too often can make you crazy. Once your body starts to really heal, you'll see the pounds melt off. Do you have a 2 week post op follow-up with your doctor? I'm sure he/she will reassure you of all this as well.

Please continue to write.

Hi Cher and welcome. Congratulations on your surgery. No, you shouldn't be worried about weight loss right now. Your body is recovering and retaining fluids and all kinds of physiological things are going on under the hood. Just focus on staying hydrated and if you're up to eating or protein drinks, that's a bonus. Try to give yourself at least another week before getting on the scale. I know it's easier said than done but weighing yourself too often can make you crazy. Once your body starts to really heal, you'll see the pounds melt off. Do you have a 2 week post op follow-up with your doctor? I'm sure he/she will reassure you of all this as well.

Thank you. My

Tank you. I actually have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I was going to see if there is any other medicine I can take to help with the breakout I had from the medicine they put me on.

Thank you. My

Tank you. I actually have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I was going to see if there is any other medicine I can take to help with the breakout I had from the medicine they put me on.
Good, glad you have an appointment tomorrow. Allergic reactions are the worst. As far as walking, you should be able to get in short walks now. Just don't push it and go too far.

Back