• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie from NJ

njadelld

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Neptune, NJ and I'm new to the site. I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support and guidance. I had my surgery in December 2008. I started out at 268 and went down to 179. Now I'm back up to 200 and getting nervous. My goal is to get to 170, but I need help. I don't want the 21 lbs I've gained to become 50. I go to my primary care physician regularly and he is urging me to lose the weight. I know I should go back to my gastric surgeon, but I really don't care for him. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

njadelld

hi Njadelld

have you went to your dr yet? I thought once we had the surgery weight gain wasn't something we had to constantly deal with? congratulations on the weight you have lost.Did they say the pouch that is our stomach stretches out over time? I am still waiting for my surgery date, so I have alot to learn as I begin this new journey. Please let me know when you find answers, I appreciate any help and suggestions .
It's not easy to go back to a dr,. you don't feel comfortable with, can you primary doctor help you with this situation?
Hope your weekend is a good one.
DOnna

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Neptune, NJ and I'm new to the site. I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support and guidance. I had my surgery in December 2008. I started out at 268 and went down to 179. Now I'm back up to 200 and getting nervous. My goal is to get to 170, but I need help. I don't want the 21 lbs I've gained to become 50. I go to my primary care physician regularly and he is urging me to lose the weight. I know I should go back to my gastric surgeon, but I really don't care for him. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

njadelld

Hi, NJAdelld, Most primary care physicians do not have the expertise in bariatrics to give the consultation that you need. If you are uncomfortable going to your surgion that was assigned your surgery there are a few options you have that should help you out. 1) You could call the same office and get an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner (that is who does my follow up oppointments). 2) Call a different bariatric center that and explain whats going on and see if they will see you. Or 3) see a nutritionist that specializes in baritrics. One thing that may also help you out is find a Bariatric Support group near you so you can talk with other bariatric patients.

There is also a nice lady on the Forum feastorfamine (Patti) she has been working on the same issue, you can PM her for some more advice. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

if interested i can send you a facebook support group that has a 5 day pouch test that might be able to help you reset you pouch/tool

Hi
I'm the last one that should tell anyone anything, but why don't you find another gastric surgeon ??? There are some good ones down my way (if you want to travel, Barnegat).........

Are you getting in your protein and enough water? I would check into finding another surgeon that you could consult with. I have an excellent one in Vineland, NJ (Dr. Nauveed Iqbal) but that would be a ways to travel. He has a wonderful sense of humor and bed-side manner but is very knowledgeable and excellent in his field.

I just had my surgery this weekend. But if your unhappy with your surgeon & your in neptune there's a guy in freehold let me know if your interested

Back