• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre surgery jitters

Renee7878

Surgery Monday morning and I am so excited/nervous! My last surgery was postponed due to an upper respiratory infection, but I am good to go for Monday, just very very nervous. It's hard not to fall down the rabbit hole of the internet and start searching for things that are making me feel worse. I know that success rate for wls is high, and reading all the positive stories here is helping me to stay on track. This is a big decision. I have always lost (and gained) weight the traditional diet and exercise way, so this big step is very scary for me. I am looking forward to losing weight and starting to feel better. I have about 100lbs to lose and lately I have been having terrible back pain, feeling tired a lot, and want to get to a healthier place. My main goal is run my next marathon next year at my goal weight. So many things to look forward to, just need to remind myself this will all be worth it when I look back a year from now.

I have a pretty busy weekend planned so hopefully that works. I am more excited than nervous, it's the unknown so I can imagine most people feel this way. Thanks for the works of encouragement and support! I will keep you updated! Spoke to a friend who has had her own health issues and reminds me regularly about the dangers of the internet. She says "Just because Jane from Omaha had a issue doesn't mean it's the norm or it will happen to me", on top of making me laugh it's a good reminder.

Last edited:
I have a pretty busy weekend planned so hopefully that works. I am more excited than nervous, it's the unknown so I can imagine most people feel this way. Thanks for the works of encouragement and support! I will keep you updated! Spoke to a friend who has had her own health issues and reminds me regularly about the dangers of the internet. She says "Just because Jane from Omaha had a issue doesn't mean it's the norm or it will happen to me", on top of making me laugh it's a good reminder.
We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best, you'll do great! :)

Tomorrow morning is surgery! I'm excited and nervous and mostly excited. It's early, 7:30, doctor said about 45- and hour. I'll be glad to get it done early then have the rest of the day to relax. I think if it was later I'd be anticipating it all morning. Not sure how much sleep I will get tonight but I'm going to try to get some. Also weighed myself and I have gained this past week, so now I'm stressing they are going to reschedule me because of that.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have been doing so well then this week I had lots of outings and apparently it caught up with me lol hoping I will be fine tomorrow.
Hey Renee!!! Nicelady is right, they won't notice a little gain. I had a small gain before surgery too and no one said a word. We struggle with this, it's why we're there!

Good luck, glad it's an early surgery. Let us know how you're doing once you're up to it. :)

Good to know, it's been almost twenty years since my last surgery so don't remember what is was like. From what I have read most people say anesthesia is like one moment you are feeling tired and the next you are waking up in recovery. Hope it's like that for me!

Surgery Monday morning and I am so excited/nervous! My last surgery was postponed due to an upper respiratory infection, but I am good to go for Monday, just very very nervous. It's hard not to fall down the rabbit hole of the internet and start searching for things that are making me feel worse. I know that success rate for wls is high, and reading all the positive stories here is helping me to stay on track. This is a big decision. I have always lost (and gained) weight the traditional diet and exercise way, so this big step is very scary for me. I am looking forward to losing weight and starting to feel better. I have about 100lbs to lose and lately I have been having terrible back pain, feeling tired a lot, and want to get to a healthier place. My main goal is run my next marathon next year at my goal weight. So many things to look forward to, just need to remind myself this will all be worth it when I look back a year from now.
It will be worth it!!!

Back