• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

RNY March 2nd

I’ve been on a path towards this surgery for 3 years and between insurance issues and Covid I had my doubts I would ever get it done. Now with it so close I can only hope all my preparations are enough. I’m not nervous for me, I’m ready. I just need to figure out how to let go of my work and focus on myself for the two weeks I insisted on taking off. It’s harder to prepare for this than any vacation I have taken in the last decade!

Congratulations! What a long road to finally be at the end of. I also stress about taking off work, when I am off for a long weekend I come back to a disaster, but I am trying not to care. haha (Easier said than done) I just have to think of it as it is not my company, she should not be so dependant on one person! I gave them 6 months notice, once I started the program I told them about it. They are supportive and I know will work with my however they need to but it is still a bit stressful thinking about being out for 2 or more weeks.

Congratulations! What a long road to finally be at the end of. I also stress about taking off work, when I am off for a long weekend I come back to a disaster, but I am trying not to care. haha (Easier said than done) I just have to think of it as it is not my company, she should not be so dependant on one person! I gave them 6 months notice, once I started the program I told them about it. They are supportive and I know will work with my however they need to but it is still a bit stressful thinking about being out for 2 or more weeks.
I 100% get it. I tried to take a two week vacation last year and worked 4 hours a day most of the days I was supposed to have off just so I wouldn’t stress about what I was going back to. I am making myself take a full two weeks off so I can focus on me, but I’m sure I’ll be following up on emails and reporting to keep my stress down again. But I need to find a balance before going back to my 50-60 hour work weeks.

Back