• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Severe nerve pain after surgery- help!

SarahF

Hi all,
This is my first post. I am 18 days post op have been struggling with severe nerve pain in the front of my stomach for the last 7 days. It is absolutely debilitating; it has a steady burning sensation and when I change positions or stand up can have me screaming at 10/10 on the pain scale.

The NP I’m working with (saw her 5 days ago) said it is referred pain, and prescribed flexeril (muscle relaxer). When pushed yesterday, prescribed 2 days of gabapentin to see if it works. I’ve been using intermittent heat and cold compresses. The pain has only gotten worse.

I’m scared that I will end up back in the hospital. I’m supposed to return to work Monday and I have no idea how I’m going to make it. I feel like I’m dying.

Have any of you experienced this before? Have you managed to treat it at all? I could really use your strategies and advice. Please help me!!!

Respectfully,
Sarah

Hi all,
This is my first post. I am 18 days post op have been struggling with severe nerve pain in the front of my stomach for the last 7 days. It is absolutely debilitating; it has a steady burning sensation and when I change positions or stand up can have me screaming at 10/10 on the pain scale.

The NP I’m working with (saw her 5 days ago) said it is referred pain, and prescribed flexeril (muscle relaxer). When pushed yesterday, prescribed 2 days of gabapentin to see if it works. I’ve been using intermittent heat and cold compresses. The pain has only gotten worse.

I’m scared that I will end up back in the hospital. I’m supposed to return to work Monday and I have no idea how I’m going to make it. I feel like I’m dying.

Have any of you experienced this before? Have you managed to treat it at all? I could really use your strategies and advice. Please help me!!!

Respectfully,
Sarah
Hi Sarah! I pray you are feeling better.

Back