• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Shouldn't have stayed away

Taxman

I have been off line for a good while. In that time, I have bought a house at the coast, built an outdoor kitchen with the neighbor at the beach, become a grandfather(
WOO HOO!!), several camping trips and managed to put on 25 lbs. I am drinking water (between 40 and 100 oz per day) and with the construction at the beach house, I though I was getting exercise. Issues at home (general mental health issues with my wife, and a serious mental health crisis with my youngest son who lives with us) and Covid-19 has sapped my enthusiasm for walking. I generally feel okay, but I'm not sleeping as much or as well as I had been. I find myself reaching back to the comfort of eating more often than I would like. I'm not binge eating, but there are some bad days.

I know that the support on this site is what I have been missing. I will be here on a more regular basis giving what I can.

Last edited:
Welcome back, and congrats on the new addition to the family. I am also am finding that life is getting in the way of my regularly scheduled program. That first year it was ALL about the weight loss and the journey. And then it wasn't. I'm figuring out that I am going to have to stay ever mindful of what and how much I am eating or I start slipping back into bad habits. Quickly. We started a 30 day challenge to track protein, water and exercise. First week, I lost 3lbs. I've still been tracking but I know I'll be up this week. Because I'm tracking after I eat, instead of before. It does me no good to think about food after I eat it.

Welcome back tax man. The grandpa thing sounds fun. The exercise you have been getting may not be a gym workout but it is still a workout. You are in a good place with support here. Don’t beat yourself up everyone has days that are questionable. At least you are back to focusing on your goals. Be safe and have fun.

Back