• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Spam...

Kevin

Staff member
Hey Guys! Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. I try to control the spam that shows up on these forums but I know I've been a little behind lately! I love spending time on these forums, but I also run both the American Bariatrics Store and the Bariatric Food Source stores, and I do all the website work for both of those sites. The last few weeks (and until Christmas) I've been out of town visiting family, so I've been very limited in getting on these forums. I just noticed I have 32 messages on my inbox on here too so I'm very sorry if you've messaged me in the last few weeks and I haven't gotten back to you yet.

Spammers on sites like ours are usually from software that people have made that automatically goes through the internet finding places that in can post advertisements for free, and they usually find their way to Forums like ours. I did change a few settings this morning that should prevent some types of spam, but they usually find ways to get through our spam protections. The only thing that you can really do to help for now is just by reporting any spam you see with the little Triangle button with the Exclamation mark in it.

So, enjoy using the Forums, and report Spam! I'll check back in as often as I can..

Back