• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

staples arrived at hospital!

The staples finally arrived! I live in a place that has problems with shipping, but COVID-19 made it much, much, worse. I had to wait for the staples to arrive to have my surgery. I started my pre-surgery two-week clear liquid diet before it was certain the staples would arrive. In fact, I was on my third day of the presurgery liquid diet, when the nurse called me to tell me that the staples hadn't arrived. I started to cry because I was going to have to do those 3 days over again later. I thought I was going to die of hunger for the first 2 or 3 days of the presurgery diet, both times I did that. Hang in there if it seems really bad at first, hopefully, it will get got better after that. It did for me. Then my surgery on 09/24was canceled because of COVID-19. There were so many COVID-19 patients in both hospitals that there was no bed for me. The ICU was also full. I stayed on the liquid diet because there was hope a bed would open up. Then I was told it would be on Monday, 09/27. On Wednesday 09/22, the nurse called to tell me they found a bed for 09/24. Back to the original data again. However, I wouldn't have been surprised if I arrived at the hospital for the surgery, and then was told it was canceled again. I finally had my surgery. I was so busy getting things with deadlines finished that I didn't have a lot of time to worry about the surgery. I also did some meditation.

Back