• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

UPDATE:2 weeks post op tomorrow

So its been a little while since I have been on and just wanted to give an update on my progress. tomorrow is two weeks since my sleeve surgery and I am doing great!! Friday I had my first post op appointment with my surgeon and he is very happy with my progress and weight loss I have lost a total of 50lbs 12 of those pounds since surgery, the first week was a lil rough with gas pain and stomach lining issues but now that's all better and things are going great. I was up graded to puree' and soft foods until my next appointment in four weeks so far no nausea no vomiting am able to eat with no problems . I have to stop when I have the full feeling have to say that its new getting use to having that I am full feeling. I am eating tuna ,cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt(which i think taste like sour cream) black beans and green peas, and eggs these are how I am getting my protein in. I still have my protein shake in the morning. because of my excessive weight i was not able to walk alot prior to surgery but I am currently trying to build up my stamina so right now I am walking 3 minutes at a time four times a day on the tredmill (my surgeon says ill get there ) I wish I could just walk it all at once I am just trying to be as patient as I can. I can feel a little difference in my mobility and have given up the walker for support and the cane. I am well on my way!!!

So its been a little while since I have been on and just wanted to give an update on my progress. tomorrow is two weeks since my sleeve surgery and I am doing great!! Friday I had my first post op appointment with my surgeon and he is very happy with my progress and weight loss I have lost a total of 50lbs 12 of those pounds since surgery, the first week was a lil rough with gas pain and stomach lining issues but now that's all better and things are going great. I was up graded to puree' and soft foods until my next appointment in four weeks so far no nausea no vomiting am able to eat with no problems . I have to stop when I have the full feeling have to say that its new getting use to having that I am full feeling. I am eating tuna ,cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt(which i think taste like sour cream) black beans and green peas, and eggs these are how I am getting my protein in. I still have my protein shake in the morning. because of my excessive weight i was not able to walk alot prior to surgery but I am currently trying to build up my stamina so right now I am walking 3 minutes at a time four times a day on the tredmill (my surgeon says ill get there ) I wish I could just walk it all at once I am just trying to be as patient as I can. I can feel a little difference in my mobility and have given up the walker for support and the cane. I am well on my way!!!
It sounds like you are off to a really good start. Patience’s it they key. I’m 4 weeks post op, and still have issues with being winded after a short period of any kind of exercise. I know it will get better in time. You keep up the great work.

So great to hear you're doing so well. Congrats on 50!!! Big milestone. Keep up the great work. :)

That is AMAZING! Congratulations on your success so far and I am so happy that you are feeling great!

Back