• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

wanna, can't

I don't want to write this but I cannot stop my thoughts. My friend was murdered. They just found her body after she was missing for weeks.

I met her 10 or 15 years ago when I discovered her coffee shop. She was a very uncomplicated person, always smiling, raising a learning disabled child, having come out of an abusive relationship. As I said, always smiling. So, so sweet.

She stupidly accepted a date with a stranger she met in a parking lot who had tickets to a Mariners Game. I don't know what happened after the game.

You all seem to have such good sense here, but you might want to caution your loved ones never to go off with strangers, no matter how nice they seem. I know I never would have gone off with him. I've had too many men in my life to trust a stranger. But there was a time when the thought of a free hot dog, popcorn and beer might have been too tempting for me to turn down.

Fortunately, the guy who killed her is in jail on $500k bail.

I'm sure we've all had tragedies in our lives. I don't want to discuss this. I'm not even sure why I'm sharing it, except Leticia was so open and said yes to everything. I wish she had said no.

Such a difficult thing to go through! So many people meet strangers online these days, it’s such a crapshoot and risky proposition. Our family has experienced some tragic events recently, as well, and it can be difficult to have faith in humanity. A cousins grandson was just killed in the line of duty as a police officer, during a routine traffic stop. I also have a cousin who recently was stabbed in the leg, and is currently fighting for his life, due to someone experiencing a mental health crisis. I keep trying to find the positives in my life and focus on them. Healing thoughts being sent your way, Dianne!

Thanks for the love for Leticia. I want to clarify that she was not alone when she met him. He was a "mutual friend" in the loosest form of that term. They were all standing around and he asked if she wanted to see the game. She'd met him before and he'd met her son and that turned out badly, but she may not have known exactly what happened. Anyway, she's gone, and the scumbag won't even enter the courtroom to be arraigned. They tried two days in a row and he refused, so they went to his cell and arraigned him there.

Maybe worse than having her gone is how much hate this brings up in me. I want to murder him. Of course I won't, but when am I going to stop feeling this hatred? That's just a rhetorical question.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Diane my heart is with you during this time. I may have lost my husband recently to heart problems, murder is not natural way of passing. Your anger and hurt over this loss is justified. These feelings will take a long time to process. You are a strong person with a big generous heart. Praying that you are able to find peace in this journey.

Thank you dears. It's really awful, period, but Seattle news media are such sluts for any nasty story. Unfortunately, until a more horrifying story comes along, they lead with my friend's murder every time there's a newscast or newsbreak. But again, thank you so much for your kindness. It's so surreal and I keep wanting to stop thinking about it but it's impossible at this time. It may take years, but I know I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I can't do anything to make things better for her loved ones, or for my loss of her.:)

Back