• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are the rules for offering to pray...........

jduffy

I am new here. I searched the guidelines but couldn't find anything about offering to say a prayer for someone. The prayer would not be written in the
Forums. It would just be a comment like; you are in my prayers . Is that a problem on the Forum? Please let me know so that I do not offend anyone or break any Forum rules.
Thanks,
jduffy

I am new here. I searched the guidelines but couldn't find anything about offering to say a prayer for someone. The prayer would not be written in the
Forums. It would just be a comment like; you are in my prayers . Is that a problem on the Forum? Please let me know so that I do not offend anyone or break any Forum rules.
Thanks,
jduffy

I cannot see how anyone would be offended by you offering a prayer for them.

Ralph

I am not religious at all and when people offer me prayers, I view it the same way I would if someone said they would keep me in their thoughts or wished me good luck. It's a kind gesture.
In fact, I had my surgery at St. Vincent's and they send a priest or something around to talk to and offer prayers to all of the patients just prior to surgery. He was very kind and a calming presence.
Prayer offers are really only offensive to those looking to be offended.

Back