• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What to eat now?

LowkeyBro

Recently had bariatric surgery 11/07/2022.

I was instructed prior to and after that I did not need a purée stage, but that I would be going straight to soft mushy foods.
So mostly eggs, protein shakes, water and popsicles for the first week and second from surgery.

By the end of the second weed I was eating eggs corn beef hash and chili. I got worried because I was able to eat a lot of it, after not eating too many things. But it actually was just like a cup all together and lots of protein.

I tried meatballs but by the second day it was not sitting well with me.

I get full fast but not as fast with certain foods Vs others and while I never have to throw up, & am never nauseous it does sometime feel like my mouth is over salivating and I need to spit.

My sweet tooth is out of this world and I don’t know why. I’m always hungry but afraid to try fruit, veggies or anything.
I’m not eating poorly but I’m tired of eating the same things. idk what to cook, or eat at this point. I don’t even get certain foods because I know I can’t eat enough of it, portion size wise.. please help.

Bro, I recommend going to the FDA website and searching for foods with high protein content that you can puree. 'Also, I believe I have my food lists on my profile. Have a look. One really great thing is Turkey. One 3 oz. piece has 35 grams of Protein. I mooshed turkey in my blender adding turkey stock, or turkey gravy from a pouch and that makes a nice mushy meal. Of course, my favorite mooshed meal was turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes all smushed, poured out and cranberries stirred in after. Good flavors.

I really lived on yogurt (7grams) eggs (14 grams) and cottage cheese (14 g). I added nutritional yeast for savory taste and every berry I liked, even a dollop of raspberry jam. Take the plain food and then add what you want to give it flavor. With yogurt, you can add pure vanilla bean and sweetener and it tastes like gelato. You might want to sit down and make a list of your favorite flavors, then build unique dishes by combining one of the dairy bases with your add-ins. And don't forget Magic Milk. You can add chocolate to it, you can cook MaltOMeal in it, you can cook creamed soups in it, you can make your own clam chowder with it.... endless possibilites, small portions, high protein lift.

Recently had bariatric surgery 11/07/2022.

I was instructed prior to and after that I did not need a purée stage, but that I would be going straight to soft mushy foods.
So mostly eggs, protein shakes, water and popsicles for the first week and second from surgery.

By the end of the second weed I was eating eggs corn beef hash and chili. I got worried because I was able to eat a lot of it, after not eating too many things. But it actually was just like a cup all together and lots of protein.

I tried meatballs but by the second day it was not sitting well with me.

I get full fast but not as fast with certain foods Vs others and while I never have to throw up, & am never nauseous it does sometime feel like my mouth is over salivating and I need to spit.

My sweet tooth is out of this world and I don’t know why. I’m always hungry but afraid to try fruit, veggies or anything.
I’m not eating poorly but I’m tired of eating the same things. idk what to cook, or eat at this point. I don’t even get certain foods because I know I can’t eat enough of it, portion size wise.. please help.
Get the Baritastic app on your phone. They have dozens of recipes of every stage after surgery. It’s very helpful.❤️

Back