• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who is monitoring creepy posts?

KarenWV

I recently got my internet back, and this was my 1st place to return, my beloved American Bariatrics.

Unfortunately since I've been catching up on my reading recent posts, I keep seeing these creepy posts popping up. I reported the 1st 3 or 4, but today I see a new bunch posted.

Do we have a way to report these so they can be removed and blocked? I hate for any newcomers seeing these and leaving our site before getting the support they were looking for.

Anyway, it's so good to back. I have been missing y'all fer sure ❤❤

Unfortunately since I've been catching up on my reading recent posts, I keep seeing these creepy posts popping up. I reported the 1st 3 or 4, but today I see a new bunch posted.

Do we have a way to report these so they can be removed and blocked? I hate for any newcomers seeing these and leaving our site before getting the support they were looking for.

Yeah girl! so nice to see ya. You've been around here for a while so you know we don't have this problem as much as a lot of other groups do. It's completely random. These people who usually don't even speak English get into a money-making proposition where they just dump thousands of spam messages on groups and collect a few bucks.

In our group interface, at the bottom of most posts, there's a hyperlink to "Report" these individually. But this is really an unmonitored group, so I do something else. Just hover over the screen name of the offender and their profile will pop up, and you can then choose "Ignore" from the three options at the bottom. That's what I do. All their posts disappear in a flash and you never see one again.

To the group I'd like to say, Please do this. Click on Report, then Ignore the member. If we all do it, or even just 10 of us do it, it will make a difference to the group administration. it only takes a second of your time and it shows that the group is as important to you as to the rest of us.

So, Karen, what's the haps?

Yeah girl! so nice to see ya. You've been around here for a while so you know we don't have this problem as much as a lot of other groups do. It's completely random. These people who usually don't even speak English get into a money-making proposition where they just dump thousands of spam messages on groups and collect a few bucks.

In our group interface, at the bottom of most posts, there's a hyperlink to "Report" these individually. But this is really an unmonitored group, so I do something else. Just hover over the screen name of the offender and their profile will pop up, and you can then choose "Ignore" from the three options at the bottom. That's what I do. All their posts disappear in a flash and you never see one again.

To the group I'd like to say, Please do this. Click on Report, then Ignore the member. If we all do it, or even just 10 of us do it, it will make a difference to the group administration. it only takes a second of your time and it shows that the group is as important to you as to the rest of us.

So, Karen, what's the haps?
Hey sweetie, I sent you a conversation a couple weeks ago. I'm so glad to be able to read & post. I get so inspired from this site. I just went to Kroger's and spent most of my shopping time around the perimeter. Gotta get back on track again.

Thanks for the reminder of how to "ignore" from the profile.

That's exactly what I do, Diane. I report the 1st one and then Ignore. I've been here almost 4 years and this has just started happening recently.
Hey Missy still in your cage lol

I am glad to see you are still going strong after 4 years! I'm approaching my 3 yr surgiversary in July. I still am working to get to my 2nd goal weight, maybe someday. I love where I am right now, compared to my starting weight.

Back