• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wow....not wasting any time....

NewMee

One of the requirements I have to fulfill is seeing a Behavior Psychiatrist. So I called yesterday after being told by the program coordinator that I want to do this soon due to needing any extra requirements by them, it could post pone the surgery until they are completed. So I called and they said, "We don't have anything soon, how about September 30th?". Nothing soon....well, that seems pretty soon to me! I was not expecting to be seen that quick, talk about being impressed with how smooth that is going!! I already received the 10 page packet (asking every question under the moon about myself) from my coordinator so I have to take that along which is completed and hopefully that will make the appointment go quicker! I guess I feel a little intimidated by needing to see a psychiatrist to be approved. I know they just are concerned that you're in the right frame of mind to accept this change and will be able to handle it emotionally as well as physically! I am glad they care and look out for our well being just don't want anything to stop my wishes to making myself healthier by surgery!

I will update after my appointment how it went and what the next step will be if needed! Wish me luck....just going into it truthful and put it all on the table with positive thoughts!! :)

It is just part of the process, nothing to worry about, and It is good to know you will have someone else in your support system for before or even after the surgery. Keep us posted.

Like Ms. Becky said, it's just part of the process. The psychiatrist told me that what they conclude doesn't affect the decision of the insurance company. Then after that, with all the tests, they said I passed. Good luck! You'll do just fine.

I tried to like your comment Joyous1979 and it said I clicked "Like" too many times in a 24 hour period. Lol, I better settle down my liking business so I don't get yelled at anymore, lol! ;)

I was nervous about my psych eval but before I went I read that most people get hung up with it because the say what they think the Dr. wants to hear. If you have to take the test that asks a lot of questions and you have to answer Yes/No or True/False (I can't remember which it was) they say you should put what first comes to your mind. There were a few questions that could have gone either way and so I thought a little and put what I thought was more me. You'll do fine. Just be open and honest like you said. I'll be watching to see how you did.:)

Back