• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Yesterday

MamaBearOf4

I am posting it now for yesterday. I got extra busy even more trying to stop the bleeding. My sons asked me to make my moms famos taco casarole so i did. I figured out a recipe for one that i can eat. It turned out so good. I love the fact that they want to try mine. I think i made to much but i got 2 in the freezer ready to pop in the oven when ever i want. Everyone was happy even my no cheese child. They all had what the wanted. I made a salad for the side as well. That is where i cut my fingers. I bought a new gadget to cook with. It slices everything quick well my sson helped me cook but kept distracting me as well. But it is all good. I just have to keep fingers clean and try not to do so much with the hand but hey it wont stop me. Any ways here are the pics of the orignal taco casarole and the new version.
20191019_155409.jpg
20191019_155641.jpg

I am posting it now for yesterday. I got extra busy even more trying to stop the bleeding. My sons asked me to make my moms famos taco casarole so i did. I figured out a recipe for one that i can eat. It turned out so good. I love the fact that they want to try mine. I think i made to much but i got 2 in the freezer ready to pop in the oven when ever i want. Everyone was happy even my no cheese child. They all had what the wanted. I made a salad for the side as well. That is where i cut my fingers. I bought a new gadget to cook with. It slices everything quick well my sson helped me cook but kept distracting me as well. But it is all good. I just have to keep fingers clean and try not to do so much with the hand but hey it wont stop me. Any ways here are the pics of the orignal taco casarole and the new version.View attachment 2077View attachment 2078
Please post the recipe.

Thanks. I will post the recipe for it

Ingredients

3lbs Lean ground beef
Block of pepper jack cheese to shred.
Shredded cheese mexican mix.
2 taco seasoning packs
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 jar of salsa
1 can refried beans

Brown the meat. Drain and season. Mix in black, pinto, and garbanzo beans.

Lay a layer down anf cover with cheese. Add another layer of meat mix.

Heat the refried beans for a little so ot is easy to smooth over the top. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

I add sour cream and avacado with onions and lime juice.

Ingredients

3lbs Lean ground beef
2 taco seasoning packs
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 jar of salsa
1 can refried beans

Heat the refried beans for a little so ot is easy to smooth over the top. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

Sounds really good. Thank you. I will have to try it when I can have regular food again

I am going on 3weeks post op. I was just wondering if any one else has the problem of food smells making you sick to your stomach. It seems like food smells are stronger now then they were before surgery. I hope it goes away soon. Any information would be greatly appreciated

I am going on 3weeks post op. I was just wondering if any one else has the problem of food smells making you sick to your stomach. It seems like food smells are stronger now then they were before surgery. I hope it goes away soon. Any information would be greatly appreciated
Hi Cher, I didn't experience this but I have heard of it. From what I've read, yes it's temporary. I hope you get some good feedback from other members who have had this issue.

Ingredients

3lbs Lean ground beef
2 taco seasoning packs
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 jar of salsa
1 can refried beans

I did but only to certain foods. Sausage was the worse for me. Still today it is pretty bad when i smell it.

Instead of hamburger, I am going to use ground turkey. I am going on my fourth week and I hope that is not the case for me.

I cant do ground turkey. I was to dry for me. I have to use 93% lean ground beef. I used to always eat grou d turkey. Texture problems now. But hey everyone dont have the same problems.

Oh yea not only food smells. I have alway love to burn sage incenses can’t do it now.

Back