• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 month checkup

sheila57

went back for my 1 month checkup and i had lost 15 more lbs. that makes a total of 27lb in the first month. my dr was very pleased. my blood suger is down hoping to be off meds by dec.

Hi Sheila, that's great news, almost a lb a day, I bet you are even starting to feel better with lower blood surgars and a little lighter on your feet:D I was able to stop my high BP and cholesterol meds after the first month, I think I dropped the BP meds after the first week when I almost passed out a few times:rolleyes: Don't forget to change your current weight in your profile so you can show your wonderful progress. :cool: Tom

shelia57 wow you are doing great, I know you must be excited now to get on scales and watch those numbers just keep going lower, you're on your road to complete success, I love reading others success stories and can't wait to share mine soon.Like Tom said I am sure you'll be able to get rid of med's too, let the dr keep tabs for you and before you know it no med. that is what I am looking forward to also.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Donna

Thanks guys just hear about everyone else helps a lot. knowing what to watch out for is a great help. I have not tryed bread yet as a friend had got a piece hung for two days it took that long dissolve. Im going to toast it first so wish me luck.

Sheila-Please make sure to follow the meal plans that you were given. Bread comes later in the program and may cause some digestive issues like dumping syndrome if you try to eat it too soon. I craved bread so badly that I actually set an alarm to notify me on my cell phone on the day I could eat bread *LOL* Luckily I am now able to eat a piece or 2 of whole grain light bread without any issues so I eat an occasional sandwich, well at least part of a sandwich. My beagle, Molly, enjoys all of my leftovers *LOL*

Back