• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

11weeks out and have questions

So when I started this process I was at 457 and now I am at 380 but am concerned that I am not losing enough weight I feel great and have a lot of energy. What kind of exercise works the best. Since its summer I have been swimming a lot and of course waking but what other things can I do or should I be doing. Would love feed back please

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Just keep on doing what you are supposed to and you will see results.

You can't argue with success, just keep, keeping on like you're doing. Remember it isn't a race. "Make haste slowly."

Walking and swimming are the best so they tell me. You are doing great, I agree with Dcepello, make haste slowly.

I think you are doing amazing, and swimming and walking are in my humble opinion, wonderful. Have you considered Curves? I find it low impact and low pressure, very supportive and quick. In the mean time, keep up the good work. You are already successful and have the rest of your life to make the journey into better health.

I understand how your feeling. The numbers are amazing, but the question is am I losing it as expected. I felt the same way, saw my doctor a week ago and he gave me an A+ for my 90 lbs in 6 months and he says he never gives A+ to anyone. I truly now believe the numbers are irrelevent. It is best to focus on the non-scale triumphs that you are having. I started measuring. At first I couldn't, because it was too hard to reach around and my 36" tape measure, well to say the least, was little too short! So I just picked a spot. I've always hated my calves because they have always been huge. So I started there. Measured up from my ankle bone, so I knew where to put the tape measurer every time and I measured weekly. What a cool thing, to not have seen the number go down on the scale, but down on the tape measure. Find your spot, make it easy and keep track and take the glory in this success! I didn't choose boobs, belly, or thigh because there is just too much loose skin happening there. I also calculated the difference in the size I started out in and the size I am now based off of the size graph at JCPenney's. That's a cool way to do it to. Good luck. Be sure a start a hair vitamin (I'm in the hair loss portion of our great adventure!) PS Swimming is perfect, so is a slow consistent 30 minute walk. My physiologist warns about cardio because it drives hunger.

Back