• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 week post op

raelynn

Hello, My name is Raelynn. Im from Central Coast California and had bypass surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I can't believe its already been 2 weeks. My surgery went well and Im down 23 pounds. There have been some challenging moments as far as emotionally. I was a grazer and im trying to figure out a good daily menu that I can pre plan. Another challenge is that I feel good with no pain and no problems so far with food intolerence so I been doing alot almost forgetting what I just put my body though. Then later feel anxious hoping I didn't damage anything. I would appreciate hearing how others transitioned thruogh thisfirst stage.

Welcome to the forum! I remember in the first couple of weeks post-op wanting to challenge myself "I'm on liquids--I wonder what would happen if I ate a protein bar". Luckily I didn't do it (with support from my online friends). But I remember thinking that it was odd that I wanted to push my body. After a couple I weeks I got into the program and don't have a lot of problems remembering to eat slowly, chew my food, and ignore my cravings.

Welcome to the forum! I remember in the first couple of weeks post-op wanting to challenge myself "I'm on liquids--I wonder what would happen if I ate a protein bar". Luckily I didn't do it (with support from my online friends). But I remember thinking that it was odd that I wanted to push my body. After a couple I weeks I got into the program and don't have a lot of problems remembering to eat slowly, chew my food, and ignore my cravings.

thank you for your encouragement!

I am two weeks post op. One of the problems that I have is one of my Doctor's started me on liquid B-12 and liquid Iron I do not feel well when I take it. Has anyone else had any problems like this

I am anemic and had a hard time wirh the iron, so for now my doctor told me to take Flinstone chewables with iron twice a day with a meal. This has worked for me.

Hi. I'm a week post op Sleeve surgery. Between the pre-op and liquid week, I've dropped 20# with about 50 to go. I'm new to this site, but am very interested in learning from others who have gone through the process. Today I started pureed food. I seem to be burping a lot after eating and sometimes my back hurts a little. Is this normal? Regarding the iron issue- Dr. Trace Curry recommends waiting a month to start that after surgery.

Hi. I'm a week post op Sleeve surgery. Between the pre-op and liquid week, I've dropped 20# with about 50 to go. I'm new to this site, but am very interested in learning from others who have gone through the process. Today I started pureed food. I seem to be burping a lot after eating and sometimes my back hurts a little. Is this normal? Regarding the iron issue- Dr. Trace Curry recommends waiting a month to start that after surgery.

WELCOME to the Forum, Marae!!!

Sounds like you are doing really great! Burping is quite normal at first with most people, and if you are sitting or laying more than usual because you are recovering from your surgery, then it can be a pinched muscle but you might want to speak to your surgeon about this.

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Back