• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks since Gastric Bypass

hess4kane

I have had a few bumps in the road and was hoping to get some input. I had my surgery on 4/2 and had another surgery on 4/9 for a bowel obstruction. I have had such an aversion to any type of protein drink. I have no problem with water and I get in 10 cups a day so thats good. Every time I consume any type of protein, I break out in a sweat. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have had a few bumps in the road and was hoping to get some input. I had my surgery on 4/2 and had another surgery on 4/9 for a bowel obstruction. I have had such an aversion to any type of protein drink. I have no problem with water and I get in 10 cups a day so thats good. Every time I consume any type of protein, I break out in a sweat. Has anyone else had this problem?

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Maybe you are allergic to something in the drinks besides the protein. Or maybe you are allergic to the type of protein that is in the drinks. I would talk to your nutritionist. Maybe you could puree some food like chicken. I was allowed cottage cheese at 2 weeks out. Your surgeon and nutritionist are there to guide you through your journey. When you have a problem, dont hesitate to call them.

Good Luck,

Cheyenne

Yes Welcome to the Forum.

You have had a rough start!

I hope things improve for you and quickly. What kind of protein products have you tried?

I use Isopure protein drink. I like the grape flavor.

I have also used Premier Protein drink. It comes both in Vanilla and Chocolate.

I have not had this breaking out in sweat issues with these products.

What have you tried.

I also agree with Cheyenne stay in touch with your nutritionist and your doctor until everything settles down for you.

Also, it would be helpful to all of us if you complete your profile.

Ralph

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time. My name is Pansy and I am in the same boat as you. I can handle the clear protein drinks, but the other just makes me sick. I would like to know what drinks have the best taste & sugar-free???!!!!!

Welcome

I am an Unjury fan myself. Be sure you are taking an hour or two to drink the protein shake. It isn't meant to be drank quickly. Another thing to look at is there any sugar of any kind in the drink.
Best wishes

Back