• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

20 days after surgery.......

Hello guys:
I am doing really well. However I ate a soup that upset my stomach. since I do not have gall bladder anymore I thought It was too greasy.
I came back to work 2 days ago and my level of energy is really good. I had gone from size 20 to 17 in these 20 days. I am very happy. Discipline and perseverance will make it easier.....
Any thoughts?????

Hello guys:
I am doing really well. However I ate a soup that upset my stomach. since I do not have gall bladder anymore I thought It was too greasy.
I came back to work 2 days ago and my level of energy is really good. I had gone from size 20 to 17 in these 20 days. I am very happy. Discipline and perseverance will make it easier.....
Any thoughts?????

So glad you are doing so well!!!! AWESOME!!! :cool:

Cheyenne

For each of us, it is a learning experience as to what we can eat post op or NOT.

Yes, we must keep sugar and fat intake low. Some of us can tolerate more and sooner. Some of us have to wait before we can try a certain food again; perhaps never. It is a INDIVIDUAL learning experience.

I am still hoping for the day I can consume a fresh orange again; I love oranges. However, so far I cannot go near them. So, I put them aside for now. I enjoy my applesauce. In general, I have always enjoyed fruit. However, again I have to wait until I get further down the line post op or perhaps never again. I can drink juices, but it isn't the same as having a fresh fruit. I love bananas, but I haven't tried them just yet.

The important thing you are saying is " I am very happy ".

Just follow the program, get your protein, avoid carbs, enjoy a small bite treat now and then ( that is my personal viewpoint) and stay under 1200 calories per day and you will do fine.

Congratulations.

Ralph

Back