• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

25 pounds gone!!!!

Hello everyone: Today is my day 21 after surgery and I had lost 25 pounds. I am too happy about that.
I agreed with Ralph in the fact that I experience little lapses of plateau and then I dropped again. Is everybody experience the same scenario?
thank you
Carolina

Hello everyone: Today is my day 21 after surgery and I had lost 25 pounds. I am too happy about that.
I agreed with Ralph in the fact that I experience little lapses of plateau and then I dropped again. Is everybody experience the same scenario?
thank you
Carolina

Carolina, you are doing wonderful!

Yes, that is how I experienced the weight I lost, however the longer time passes, it seems my plateaus are lasting longer. The weird thing is that even though my weight gets stuck, my clothes continue to get looser. I think the body is readjusting itself and the space the fat was in, is absorbing water so the weight stalls for awhile. Just my theory. The important thing is to not get discouraged. The plateau cant last forever. :)

Carolina, you are doing wonderful!

Yes, that is how I experienced the weight I lost, however the longer time passes, it seems my plateaus are lasting longer. The weird thing is that even though my weight gets stuck, my clothes continue to get looser. I think the body is readjusting itself and the space the fat was in, is absorbing water so the weight stalls for awhile. Just my theory. The important thing is to not get discouraged. The plateau cant last forever. :)

Yes, the body is readjusting itself. Even while I was stalled at 230-232 I noticed that my tight 42 slacks became more comfortable. As I headed on to vacation I notice I could wear them with ease; so I did! I still can wear my 44s for now. They are not so obviously loose yet.

Yes, the weight plateaus will occur. Mix it up. Like I came home from vacation and I can tell you I had what I wanted it and when I wanted it. I kept under 1200 most of the time; twice I went over; once around 1400 and another time about 1750! This compares to what we used to consume well over 2000 calories or even approaching 3000 calories.

But I am back to basics. The great thing was I dropped weight anyhow. Not a lot. I think weight loss will now slow down. I expect that I will lose 5 pounds a month or so on average from this point forward; that is fine. That tells me by mid-summer I will be under 200! Then we see from there where it all goes.

I cannot help but notice that from one post to the next there is a common phrase being stated again and again, " I am so happy ".

Ralph

Back