• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 days out.....1st taste of cream of wheat

I am totally mixed up about clear liquid diet , full liquid , ... the little booklet I got in hospital is not precised... today is my second day after yesterdays skeeve.I boiled 2 organic chicken breasts , took the stock and strained it through baby strainer... 120 ml plus 1 scoop of prescribed Benprotein. Took me 40 min to consume it. What else i can have? And when realy i can start preparing hot cereal wheat of cream with skim milk? Some books suggest innediately but some others say only on 3 rd week...

Full liquid for me was only protein shakes, creamy or thick soups, with any bits strained out, yogurt, pudding etc. I would not have been able yo have cream of wheat until the puree stage.

Clear is clear liquid that you can see through only. Broths, protein water, sugar free jello and sugar free popsicle.

You should check with your team for their requirements as all of us get different instructions as to exactly what we are allowed.

Under resources there is a very thorough list shared by one of our members.

I am totally mixed up about clear liquid diet , full liquid , ... the little booklet I got in hospital is not precised... today is my second day after yesterdays skeeve.I boiled 2 organic chicken breasts , took the stock and strained it through baby strainer... 120 ml plus 1 scoop of prescribed Benprotein. Took me 40 min to consume it. What else i can have? And when realy i can start preparing hot cereal wheat of cream with skim milk? Some books suggest innediately but some others say only on 3 rd week...
Definitely check with your doctor to clarify. I'm still not allowed any soups or anything like that and I'm approximately 3.5 months post gastric bypass. It also wasn't until around day 10 that I was allowed to start things like yogurt.

Definitely check with your doctor to clarify. I'm still not allowed any soups or anything like that and I'm approximately 3.5 months post gastric bypass. It also wasn't until around day 10 that I was allowed to start things like yogurt.
Also, it definitely seems like different doctors have some different rules/guidelines. So, that's another reason to really check with your doctor.

Definitely stay in touch with your team. They are highly paid to answer every little question you have.
And search the group archives for the recipe for Magic Milk. Once you make it, you get 16 grams of protein per 8 ounces.

and cream of wheat or creamed soups may fall under the later stage of the liquid diet--ask! I used to cook my cream of wheat IN magic milk, no water added. It was so delicious. How long is your liquid phase supposed to last? I think mine was two weeks.

Back