• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Almost a year and only 20 lbs down

Cyn

:( over thanksgiving and Christmas I pushed the envelope, not to the purging point, just to the rather uncomfortable level. My surgeon wanted an x ray to check on the band. I went to the hospital, waited 2 1/2 hours only to have the doctor leave before seeing me. :rolleyes:
I am a teacher and have few days I can take off, so I rescheduled all of my parent teacher conferences for this x ray. The provider will not do a fill until I have the x ray done. I have not been to the office since January as there have been difficultties in the doctor's schedule and mine. So, I have ended up gaining back 6 lbs., i am not drinking enough liquids, my hair is falling out and I am very frustrated.
Having said that, I am going to start over and try again beginning with my food journal.
I will try to get my X-ray scheduled for this quarters p/t conference day, and this time I will make sue I do not get over looked! :)

Cyn-welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting back on track. My hair started to shed about 2 weeks ago. Nothing earth shattering yet but if it keeps up it will be noticeable in a couple more weeks. My PCP did blood work last week and everything came back OK. I drink protein shakes so I don't know what's causing this. Since you said you are down only 20 lbs. in a year do you know what is causing your hair loss?

During my pre-surgery visit my surgeon told me I would probably lose some hair because of it being extra fine in texture. He said the loss will stop in a few months...by then I'll be hairless :eek: I have a follow up with the surgeon next week and will ask him to do more blood work to see if he can figure out what is causing this madness. I take a supplement for hair, nails and skin but it's obviously not working very well :mad:

Back