• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

At goal!!!

Karenina

Yesterday I decided I was at goal. I started to look sunken in and boney, so don't want to go down anymore.

Total of 107 pounds lost! It took 3 years from the start of my journey until today. I'm off my BP meds, cholesterol meds, CPAP, and anti-anxiety med dosage has been cut in half. I'm wearing a size 10 which I never remember wearing in my whole life.

Maintenance is a little scary. I'm going to continue to weigh and measure my food. I'm going to continue to avoid pasta, bread, rice and sweets. At this point, the habits are so engrained in my head it would be difficult to change.

I cant wait to get down to that weight,, but congrates, I hope you can keep it off, and not put it back on, like some people..

Yesterday I decided I was at goal. I started to look sunken in and boney, so don't want to go down anymore.

Total of 107 pounds lost! It took 3 years from the start of my journey until today. I'm off my BP meds, cholesterol meds, CPAP, and anti-anxiety med dosage has been cut in half. I'm wearing a size 10 which I never remember wearing in my whole life.

Maintenance is a little scary. I'm going to continue to weigh and measure my food. I'm going to continue to avoid pasta, bread, rice and sweets. At this point, the habits are so engrained in my head it would be difficult to change.

CONGRATULATIONS KARENINA!!!!

How wonderful to be at goal weight!!! :eek:

SUPER WOW!!!

Cheyenne. :cool:

You are awesome Karina!! With all your hard work and determination I'm sure you will be successful maintaining your weight. You are an inspiration for us all. Thank You.

Yes, congratulations Karenina.

I have about another 20 to go. I want to be under 200 and probably will be around 190 when finished.

I bought a new suit that I have to shrink a bit more to fit comfortably.

Perhaps, when that happens I will declare maintenance too.

My former Doc once said to me 210 would be a great weight for me.

However, I am there and I think a little bit more will help even more. So, yes under 200 is still my goal.

Deciding the final will happen easily when the body simply refuses to lose more weight.

I am down to losing about 5 pounds a month now. That is fine.

Ralph

Congratulations. You have been committed to this process since I can remember. I get what you mean about starting to look a bit sunken in. I slip down a few pounds every now and then and I start to look older. Glad you have a plan for maintenance it is kind of an unfamiliar place for many of us. You got this. so very happy for me. Commitment and compliance.

Back