• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Audley post surgery

audley1

I had my surgery on the Wed. before Thanksgiving. So the holiday food were not on the list! lol But How many of you had your tastebuds completely change? I was using the protein shakes for a year before surgery and lost 90 lbs. After surgery and still to today I hate the smell of the shakes and they gag me! I loved them before. a lot of my favorites before surgery I can't stand them now! Sometimes it is not bad enough that i can't eat it but then i get about 3 bites and my stomach tells me NO.And these are not the forbidden foods. I was a lean beef eater before None now Chicken only. My mind craves things but when I get it I talk one bite and I am so disappointed I want to cry!
Next problem what am i missing vitamins wise that my hair is thinning? I am taking everything on my list?
:(

Probably not the vitamins. More than likely not enough proteins. You may need to find some shakes you like to get enough since you don't seem to be able to eat enough food to make your requirement. Try some new recipes or get some unflavored and mix with crystal lite. Joy

In one of my group meetings I was told a percentage of people that have the gastic bypass will lose the hormone in your stomach that tells you you hungry. It gets cut out with the rest. Maybe thats what your experiencing. Truthfully... I hope that happens to me...

I just had my surgery about two weeks ago and I can't even think about my protein shakes without getting sick to my stomach. I tried some of the clear liquid fruit flavored protein drinks at GNC and they are ok, but are expensive.

brichard is right!! i think it was called grulin lol they told me to think of it as the hunger gremlin.....haha anyway that it will go away with surgery, but i do believe eventually it is produced again.....I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL!!! proud of you for taking the plunge......my step off the big girl board is in 10 days!

I could not drink the protein drink for about a month so much I did not even try anymore. Then one day about 2 weeks ago(2.5 mos out) I tried and I was able to drink the protein. Take it easy on yourself, drink the fluids as much as you can and have soups and yogurt etc which turns to liquid and is protein. Relax, you will be ok!!! YOU will feel better!!!

Back