• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back from cruise

fuww57

I took a 12 night cruise on Queen Mary 2. I managed to lose 9 lbs. which I am over the moon about. To tell the truth, the food wasn't all that good but even so, the old me would not have let that stop me from overindulging. It was very easy to stick to my meal plan and there were a lot more choices than at home, such as fresh fruits (watermelon was dessert) and a variety of vegetables.

Congratulations for passing the test! And a tough one, too. I've never been on a cruise but I hear it's all about the food. If you can do that, you can do anything.

Once I lose my weight I would love to go on a cruise. Losing nine pounds is amazing. You are really doing wonderful!!!

I love cruises. Congrats on sticking to your plan! I'm going on vacation to Hawaii in early December, and have to of a meal plan for during that time. You're an inspiration.

That is wonderful to hear. I plan to have surgery in Dec or Jan. Then we are planning a trip to Disney World in the fall with our Grandson. So it's good to hear that you were able to enjoy the vacation even after surgery.

Thanks all for your kind remarks. I couldn't respond earlier because I was on another cruise. Didn't lose as much this time but I lost a couple of pounds and have continued to lose since I got back. I just past my 3 month anniversary and I am 6 lbs. away from the 100 lb. milestone. That includes the 20 lbs I lost before surgery but even 80 lbs. in a little more than 3 months is pretty amazing. The best part is I'm getting my life back as I have resumed a lot of activities I could not do with the extra weight. Last Monday I walked a kilometer to get to my doctor's office and that was in 25 degree temperature. Walking stairs is not an issue and neither is walking the steep hill I must climb in order to reach the subway station. My spinal stenosis seems to have been alleviated which makes getting around a lot easier as well. Went to the theatre a few times and had no issues with the seats being too tight. Great feeling all around. What's also good is that I don't miss the food because getting the required foods takes more effort than being on a regular weight loss regime. So lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, even if I only had some deli ham for dinner. LOL

Good for you! And it's good to hear what I'll hopefully look forward to. I am feeling better than I did a month ago, when I had the surgery, but still got a ways to go. Glad you did well on Thanksgiving. What's a little deli ham? :)

Hi all, since cruising seems to help me lose weight I took another one and now I am past the 100 lb. milestone.

Must be nice not to have to work. ;) I went to Cancun after my surgery and lost 15 pounds. I followed my food plan and did lots of walking and snorkeling. It was great, best way to lose weight, while enjoying yourself. Have fun.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks all for your kind remarks. I couldn't respond earlier because I was on another cruise. Didn't lose as much this time but I lost a couple of pounds and have continued to lose since I got back. I just past my 3 month anniversary and I am 6 lbs. away from the 100 lb. milestone. That includes the 20 lbs I lost before surgery but even 80 lbs. in a little more than 3 months is pretty amazing. The best part is I'm getting my life back as I have resumed a lot of activities I could not do with the extra weight. Last Monday I walked a kilometer to get to my doctor's office and that was in 25 degree temperature. Walking stairs is not an issue and neither is walking the steep hill I must climb in order to reach the subway station. My spinal stenosis seems to have been alleviated which makes getting around a lot easier as well. Went to the theatre a few times and had no issues with the seats being too tight. Great feeling all around. What's also good is that I don't miss the food because getting the required foods takes more effort than being on a regular weight loss regime. So lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, even if I only had some deli ham for dinner. LOL

Isn't it wonderful to regain the abilities to walk, climb, control what you eat.

I am feeling very much the same way you are. I am 6 weeks post op and down 50 pounds as of today and continuing to lose. I am on vacation in New Orleans right now. I enjoy dancing and dining. The dining takes on a new dimension. I can still enjoy the food and taste many things, but my limit per meal is 1/2 cup or less. Talk about portion control.

I wish you continued success. And boy you must have a pretty good amount of $$$ to go on so many cruises back to back. Do enjoy.

I have been on about 4 cruises and loved them all. Just getting away is the beauty.

Ralph

Back