• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

belly fat!!!

I have lost almost 70 pounds all over my body, skin hanging everywhere, however I dont think I have lost very little if any of the belly fat. I have always had a huge belly. Does anyone know of something that will help? I have COPD and asthma so the only exercise I tolerate is the treadmill.

I had the same issue with the belly fat and asked my surgeon what gives... He told me each person looses weight in different areas at different times during the process.
For me a lot of my belly fat was due to the use of prednisone and taper packs I needed in order to maintain open airways. Thankfully I have not needed any steroids since surgery.

He was right. I am 7 1/2 months out and my belly is now shrinking up, I am also an asthmatic with chronic bronchitis / COPD.

Keep in mind the chest will most likely always be a tad bit larger, due to the exertion on the rib and chest wall muscles used during attacks,. This is due to the muscles we use and are affected when we have difficulty breathing. This is the same as exercising your arms and legs...

Thanks StinkerBelle, I was beginning to worry. Hope mine starts to fad away soon. I was also on prednisone for over 20 years, but have been off of it about 10 years, but it did its damage. My breatheing is a lot better since the weight loss. Just on Advair, singulair and ventolin for the copd and asthma now. My pulmonary doc is very pleased. Right now I still look like a very pregnant grandmother, lol.

Give the belly some time.. You may not be seeing the decrease in size as much as others do. I am still in fat brain mode where I do not see the decrease like others do. I was told it can take years for the fat brain to catch up with the healthy body because we see ourselves daily so our brain does not register the daily changes.

Steroids add to the belly fat and it took time and prednisone to get it there and it will take time to fade away..

The only prescriptions I am on these days are Symbicort, Pro air inhaler and nebulized Ventolin PRN(as needed).

Unfortunately, I lost fat everywhere but some belly fat remains. Because of the extra skin it's hard to tell what is skin and what is fat, but it looks really gross, especially because after colon surgery I look like I have 2 belly buttons, one on top of the other, about 3 inches apart. I'll never wear a bikini, but I'm very happy with the results overall.

Belly fat and Flippin, floppin and slapping loose skin

Karenina, LOL double belly button. Get them both pierced, get a bikini and start a new fashion trend, ;)....

I have the double belly button thing going on and the post baby delivery squished up marshmallow belly happening, LOL..

Thank goddess I can get my skin revision underway in December. If I flap my arms I take flight, ;)

My thighs, OMG I did not know that I had like Massive Thor Sized Thunder Thighs. LOL

All that matters is I am healthy happy and can do more now than I could in my early 30's.

Karenina, LOL double belly button. Get them both pierced, get a bikini and start a new fashion trend, ;)....

I have the double belly button thing going on and the post baby delivery squished up marshmallow belly happening, LOL..

Thank goddess I can get my skin revision underway in December. If I flap my arms I take flight, ;)

My thighs, OMG I did not know that I had like Massive Thor Sized Thunder Thighs. LOL

All that matters is I am healthy happy and can do more now than I could in my early 30's.
Yeah, I thought if I could get both my belly buttons pierced I could get a job as an exotic dancer. In a freak show. Carnival.

Back