• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Best foods to eat?

jlords

I have been out of surgery for three months I've lost 30 poundsBut only 6 pounds of that as of last month. What is the best way to eatI have a tendency to still want to take big bites. I know I should take smaller bites I did get full fastI don't eat as much At all I am over 60 And I know it takes longer to lose weight. I have a very hard time walking because I have arthritis in my feet. But I am taking a tai chi class That I have just started last week. This thing is I work nights at a hospital as a respiratory therapist. I have a very hard timeWith what to eat. I have been going to a dietitian, But I just wanted to get some more ideas From People that it had This surgery done and they're older what did you do On the foods that you ate I need help with food right kind of food? Oh please please please help me out there.

I have been out of surgery for three months I've lost 30 poundsBut only 6 pounds of that as of last month. What is the best way to eatI have a tendency to still want to take big bites. I know I should take smaller bites I did get full fastI don't eat as much At all I am over 60 And I know it takes longer to lose weight. I have a very hard time walking because I have arthritis in my feet. But I am taking a tai chi class That I have just started last week. This thing is I work nights at a hospital as a respiratory therapist. I have a very hard timeWith what to eat. I have been going to a dietitian, But I just wanted to get some more ideas From People that it had This surgery done and they're older what did you do On the foods that you ate I need help with food right kind of food? Oh please please please help me out there.
Jlords- I'll be 66 next month and I am very sedentary due to a botched knee surgery. Sipping water and drinking protein drinks help me. I've been a big gulper all my life. It took me several weeks to stop doing that after surgery. I realized that I'm at that moment in my life where I must change habits forever. My relationship with food is different now. I keep high protein meat, yogurt, shakes, some cheese and veggies handy, any of which you could pack for your time at work. Good Luck.

Jlords- I'll be 66 next month and I am very sedentary due to a botched knee surgery. Sipping water and drinking protein drinks help me. I've been a big gulper all my life. It took me several weeks to stop doing that after surgery. I realized that I'm at that moment in my life where I must change habits forever. My relationship with food is different now. I keep high protein meat, yogurt, shakes, some cheese and veggies handy, any of which you could pack for your time at work. Good Luck.
Thank you so much for Your great ideas:)

Back