• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Body wraps and other ways to improve skin elesticity?

DianaS

So, I am looking into ways to improve my skin elasticity before surgery to help cut down on loose skin afterwards. I am still 6 months out, but I am on a doctor monitored diet, so I will lose some weight before the surgery. I am very pale, and have never been able to tan, so I am hoping that at least will give me a leg up as I tend to stay in the shade.

Does anyone have experience with this? Lotions? Spa Wraps? Infrared treatments?

So, I am looking into ways to improve my skin elasticity before surgery to help cut down on loose skin afterwards. I am still 6 months out, but I am on a doctor monitored diet, so I will lose some weight before the surgery. I am very pale, and have never been able to tan, so I am hoping that at least will give me a leg up as I tend to stay in the shade.

Does anyone have experience with this? Lotions? Spa Wraps? Infrared treatments?

Hi Diana

I really think a lot depends on your heredity for good skin, your age ( younger people have more elastic skin) and how much overweight you are. The skin can only stretch so far before it becomes like an overstretched balloon and the air is then let out. Of course lotions and creams can keep you lubricated, but I don't think they make a major difference in shrinking skin to it's before weight gain size. I'm looking to plastic surgery but I am waiting til I get close to goal weight.

Cheyenne

Thanks Cheyenne. I am focusing on my water intake for now. I know things will never be perfect, but I want to head things off at the pass as much as I can. I am still 6+ months out from surgery so I figure if I start now, it might help later on.

Looks like you are doing amazingly well on your journey, keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Cheyenne. I am focusing on my water intake for now. I know things will never be perfect, but I want to head things off at the pass as much as I can. I am still 6+ months out from surgery so I figure if I start now, it might help later on.

Looks like you are doing amazingly well on your journey, keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Diana :) I still have a way to go but I'm getting closer. I want to try to make my goal weight by Christmas!

Keeping hydrated is great for your body. Keep up the good work! :cool:

Cheyenne

I'm a BeautiControl Consultant, and hadn't even thought about trying their tight firm and fill products for the body (I was too busy working on the wrinkles on my face!) But it really works. No more cottage cheese thighs and my skin got generally tighter. I lost 110 pounds, so I'm not sure it would work as well on someone who had sagging skin from a 200+ loss.

Back