• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

cloths getting bigger

IMAG0628.jpgIMAG0627.jpg
It has been just over six months so I had to try on the cloths I started out in. This is the result ;)

Congrats !!! Last week most of my clothes were in the laundry room so I dug through my closet looking for a pair of clean capris. I grabbed a pair that I thought I could still wear. They fit me like the pants in your pic LOL. Today I went through the closet in my bedroom and started moving some of the clothes I can't wear anymore to the closet in one of the spare bedrooms. I need to make room for all my new ones. It's a great feeling !!!

Congrats !!! Last week most of my clothes were in the laundry room so I dug through my closet looking for a pair of clean capris. I grabbed a pair that I thought I could still wear. They fit me like the pants in your pic LOL. Today I went through the closet in my bedroom and started moving some of the clothes I can't wear anymore to the closet in one of the spare bedrooms. I need to make room for all my new ones. It's a great feeling !!!
Now Pat, you are never going to get that big again, so THROW THE CLOTHES AWAY, or donate them to friends or a woman's shelter. Just sayin'
We've missed you on the forum. Hope your hip surgery went well.

PAT

Get rid of those cloths. Yes I kept one pair to help me see how I have changed. I like most see myself as still the old size so I have to keep it real from time to time. One pair of pants is all I kept. Donate those clothes or join a clothes swap. I donated everything both times that my wardrobe had to be replaced. It feels good to let go of the past so to speak.

How did the surgery go?

Thanks everyone for the compliments It feels awesome to shop in any store instead of the specialty stores

Wow.. that is awesome!!! My surgery was two days before yours June 24 and I only lost 48 pounds. Maybe it is because I havent exercised much because of my knees which are horrid. What are you eating? I'm mainly eating chicken, fish, and salad.

I have been eating more protein that carbs for sure, Lot of ground turkey seasoned and broiled in the oven on a broiler makes a good burger :). lunch meats and ham steaks for breakfast! I also carry with me pure protein bars just in case I miss a meal or hungry! Just keep the determination, and you will take off the wait easy, don't get frustrated on stalling either, its your body trying to protect itself. the weight will come off fore sure. Good luck!

I will try the ground turkey.. maybe that will help me. I have had it in the hospital in the past and I really liked it but for some reason never thought about making it at home. What do you think is the best kind of Protein Bar? Thanks so much for your input!

hi Pat99 I haven't been on in awhile trying to touch base with you & several others

hi Pat I hope things are going well for you, I am so behind on here I want to start coming back to this chat room more frequently. my computer crashed and now borrowing my nieces til I can get another new one, hopefully this month. I enjoy reading others post and how good they are doing. I bet you are at your goal now??? me still not there, sitting here sipping on a protein shake now, keep trying to find ways to make them taste better, I found out that yogurt and fresh fruit helps a lot and I make mine with water because my body doesn't accept milk, even tried almond milk, taste great but body say's NO anyway hope you are well. donna bigtallsis@aol.com

OMG you look absolutely wonderful the smile on your face tells it all. I'm with the group get rid of those old clothes, you will never be able to fit them again, besides you need room for all the new clothes you will buying. I on the other hand have enough clothes in various sizes to carry me through my journey. You go girl.

Wow. All the excitement and joy that this post thread is showing.

This is nothing short of FANTASTIC !!

I am also throwing out all of my old clothes except for a pair or two of pants just to do what you did; climb into them and see the difference.

However, what I also do is buy new pants the next size or two down and every now and then try them on to see if I fit or getting close to fitting; this is my goal setting.

For example, early on I bought 42 dungarees. Initially I couldn't close the pants. Today, I fit into them comfortably. I now have a size 40 set of pants that a couple of weeks ago I tried on and barely got into them. In another couple of weeks I will try them on again. I have a feeling they will be fitting much better.

This brings joy to me.

The amazing part is I am about to go out and buy a size 38 pants !!! Holy Moly !!! I haven't fit into size 38's since well, it is a long time ago for sure more like 30 years or so.

Again, congratulations to all of you.

Ralph

Back