• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dizziness

Christine Seese

I have been dealing with a lot of dizziness the past 3-4 weeks. Just assumed it was because of after effects of the surgery. Saw my heart doc today. Unknown to me, my psychiatrist prescribed a blood pressure med for nightmares I was having. Very odd, but it did the trick. Anyway, my blood pressure today was 104/88. My heart doc ordered me to stop the blood pressure med right away and explained that my smaller body could no longer handle it. Also advised that my dizziness was probably caused by the low blood pressure, so it should go away once I am off the med. I sure hope so. It has limited my exercise and I really want to get to it.

I have been dealing with a lot of dizziness the past 3-4 weeks. Just assumed it was because of after effects of the surgery. Saw my heart doc today. Unknown to me, my psychiatrist prescribed a blood pressure med for nightmares I was having. Very odd, but it did the trick. Anyway, my blood pressure today was 104/88. My heart doc ordered me to stop the blood pressure med right away and explained that my smaller body could no longer handle it. Also advised that my dizziness was probably caused by the low blood pressure, so it should go away once I am off the med. I sure hope so. It has limited my exercise and I really want to get to it.
I'm glad you went to see him, I hope the dizziness goes away

Yes that can do it. My surgeon has told me several time to keep an eye on all medicine I am taking, after the surgery. Hopefully a bunch will be removed as I lighten. Hope all works out for you.. Keep us informed....

Yes that can do it. My surgeon has told me several time to keep an eye on all medicine I am taking, after the surgery. Hopefully a bunch will be removed as I lighten. Hope all works out for you.. Keep us informed....
If I had known it was blood pressure medicine, I would have had my psychiatrist take me off of it sooner. I had normal blood pressure without it. My surgeon had me stop quite a few meds right after surgery. It was a good thing as it takes me 45 minutes to take my meds, twice a day, as it is.

Wow, I'm so glad you figured it out. I too hope now some more of your medication is going to be cut down. That is one of the things I'm looking forward to is not having medicine anymore. Thankfully you haven't had too many complications. Is That the only complication you were having? I hope my surgery goes as well as yours.

Wow, I'm so glad you figured it out. I too hope now some more of your medication is going to be cut down. That is one of the things I'm looking forward to is not having medicine anymore. Thankfully you haven't had too many complications. Is That the only complication you were having? I hope my surgery goes as well as yours.
Do everything your doctor tells you to do and you should do well. Really keep active. It is amazing how quickly our bodies adapt to no exercise. Because of the dizziness I wasn't exercising. It was torture to even go grocery shopping. Now I'm easing back into it and it is getting easier each day. Along with the dizziness I have also been dealing with nausea. It is getting better, but still there in the mornings. In my research, I found that people with motion sickness are more prone to it. Fits me. Also, I was sick 24/7 my entire pregnancy, so I think I'm just a prime candidate for nausea. Unfortunately I won't ever be completely off my meds as I have health conditions not related to weight. I do hope to see my dosing amounts decrease as I decrease though. I'm thankful to be off the meds I can be!!!

How is the dizziness? Hope it is still lighting up....

Back