• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Do what you enjoy the most

L

Linney

I had bought two treadmills, a stationary bike, etc. and never really used them. In the past prior to being moridly obsese, I was very athletic and participated in group activities, teams, etc. I had to think of an activity that would not only get me up and moving, but also I had to enjoy what I was doing and not dread that "oh it's time to exercise" Each day as I had more flexibility and energy, I began to park far away from the store, took mini walks until my legs were stronger, then it came to me what I wanted to do. I love music and listen to all types of music on a daily basis. Instead of binging and eating a lot in the kitchen, I now use my kitchen to exercise in. I have a sound system in the kitchen, which enables me to work out instead of eating. When I'm very stressed or have to exert some energy, I put on my favorite music and work out. I use Tang So Do moves and incorporate some Piliates moves along with some Yoga and Zumba moves. The results are amazing, and very enjoyable. Tap into your passion and go with it!

Thats awesome! I have too thought about what im going to do for exercise since i hate to do it :( but i know that i must im going to start walking more each day once im not on pain meds anymore, then i thought about enrolling into a dance thing with my daughter and learn how to do different dances. I love music and i love to dance so why not learn how to do something, thats affordable really. I also want to play with my children so im going to start taking them to the park and playing with them :cool:

That's great! Find your passion and you will ENJOY exercising. I too had problems at first because I have bad knees, but the more weight you lose, the more you'll be able to move! Go for it! It also helps you sleep better at night, takes away stress, and your body will firm up. Sounds like a plan!:D

Awesome! Remember as you gradually exercise, they weight will come off faster, and also you'll firm up quicker! Go for it!

Every thing. My stationary bike which will be a real bike in spring and walking I love outdoors, but in Ohio no way not now.I dance with my grand kids tur4n on cable the 70's and we have a blast and I get exercise and fun

Back