• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dreamfields Pasta

Pat99

I was diabetic prior to my surgery and pasta was my food of choice. Dreamfields did not spike my blood sugar levels like regular pasta did. And like I said you really can't tell the difference between it and regular white pasta.

I did see the pasta entrees in the store but I like to make my own. Plus, it's much more economical.

Has anyone else checked their Blood Sugar Levels after eating Dreamfields Pasta? I just read this article about a guy testing it out the Dreamfields Pasta compared to regular pasta. http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud . But I've also read plenty of articles and blogs that talk about how well the Dreamfields pasta is for diabetics. Many times when you read an article like this you have to realize that the author may have an ulterior motive for writing this, such as he may have a personal conflict with the company and is trying to bash their name, Dreamfields may be competing with his company and he is trying to hurt their reputation, or he may just be looking for some publicity by making outrageous claims. Either way, I'm curious if any of you have tested the pasta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said in my initial post I didn't have any spikes. After eating the Dreamfields pasta with a doctored up jarred sauce my level was no more than 20 points higher than my pre-meal reading. I always buy the same type of spaghetti sauce and it has 9 grams of sugar per serving so the increase of my blood sugar level was mostly due to the sugar in the sauce, not the pasta. The guy who wrote the article claims to be a doctor and might just be trying to make a name for himself. Besides that he said his sugar spiked to 131. That reading is not considered high for a diabetic.

All this aside, anyone who is a diabetic needs to be responsible and check their blood sugar level after eating to see how they personally react to certain foods. I know for a fact that will I react differently than someone else with diabetes. Since my WLS I hardly ever test anymore because of the small amount and types of foods that I eat. I'm interested in knowing if anyone who has had a gastric bypass has had dumping after eating Dreamfiels pasta. I haven't had any problems with it. Since I have had my surgery I don't crave pasta anymore but occasionally enjoy it.

Back