• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally weight is under 200 lbs.!

fuww57

Well, just barely but still this is a tremendous milestone for me. Can't remember the last time the scale was under 200 lbs. As a matter of fact, it hasn't been that long since the scale was under 300 lbs. I'm still a month away from my 1 year anniversary so I'm hoping that I'll lose some more weight by then. Still, with less than 1 year out I am aware that I need to be focused and be committed for the duration so I don't backslide. By the way, I went into Burlington Coat Factory yesterday and tried on a suit jacket just to know what my size is: 44. Two years ago I bought a jacket size 60!

Well, just barely but still this is a tremendous milestone for me. Can't remember the last time the scale was under 200 lbs. As a matter of fact, it hasn't been that long since the scale was under 300 lbs. I'm still a month away from my 1 year anniversary so I'm hoping that I'll lose some more weight by then. Still, with less than 1 year out I am aware that I need to be focused and be committed for the duration so I don't backslide. By the way, I went into Burlington Coat Factory yesterday and tried on a suit jacket just to know what my size is: 44. Two years ago I bought a jacket size 60!

CONGRATULATIONS FUWW57!!! Getting under 200 lb is such a great accomplishment! How wonderful! :) You have done such a great job losing a great deal of weight in a small amount of time!!!

AWESOME!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

Cheyenne. :cool:

Congratulations and welcome to team One-der-land...

Keep up the awesome work..... :)

Congrats I know the feeling I just made one of my milestones me under 300 i am working on 260 before i see the dr. on the 7th of Aug. got 8 more lbes to go. i had my surgery back on the 5th of may this year and wishedi had had it done long time ago. Congrats again.

Thanks to all for the kind words. My next goal is to get under 30 bmi so I am no longer classified as obese. It's only 2 lbs away but they will be a frustrating 2 lbs. Maybe if I lose the goatee, trim the nails down to the quick, and have my head shaved I'll get there sooner! LOL

Look at you! Looking good. Congratulations on your accomplishment! I absolutely love buying clothes that I never would have looked at before because they didn't 'hide' the bulges. My BMI is still on the borderline of obese, but I decided I like where I am and will not worry about it. I think they use those old charts that went on your height alone--like everybody that's 5'10" should weigh exactly the same.

Look at you! Looking good. Congratulations on your accomplishment! I absolutely love buying clothes that I never would have looked at before because they didn't 'hide' the bulges. My BMI is still on the borderline of obese, but I decided I like where I am and will not worry about it. I think they use those old charts that went on your height alone--like everybody that's 5'10" should weigh exactly the same.

Karenina, Your down to 127 lb and the doctor says your BMI is still bordering on obese? Thats ridiculous, absolutely unbelievable! How tall are you? You mentioned 5'10"? Even a short person at 127 lb wouldn't be anything near obese in my opinion. I'm 5'4 and I'm only wanting to get to 135. No wonder they say 50 percent of the US popuation is obese if they say 127 lb is obese. Just crazy!!!

By the way CONGRATULATIONS on getting down under your goal weight. AWESOME!!!! :)

Cheyenne

Karenina, Your down to 127 lb and the doctor says your BMI is still bordering on obese? Thats ridiculous, absolutely unbelievable! How tall are you? You mentioned 5'10"? Even a short person at 127 lb wouldn't be anything near obese in my opinion. I'm 5'4 and I'm only wanting to get to 135. No wonder they say 50 percent of the US popuation is obese if they say 127 lb is obese. Just crazy!!!

By the way CONGRATULATIONS on getting down under your goal weight. AWESOME!!!! :)

Cheyenne
I'm only 5 ft tall and the doc told me I should weigh 107, which is pretty ridiculous. I'd look anorexic at 107. The nurse told me I was on the border of overweight and obese, but I don't think that's right. At any rate, I don't care. I feel good even though I look every bit of my 64 years. No more fat to round out the wrinkles! Thank you for your good wishes and you're doing pretty darn awesome yourself.

I'm only 5 ft tall and the doc told me I should weigh 107, which is pretty ridiculous. I'd look anorexic at 107. The nurse told me I was on the border of overweight and obese, but I don't think that's right. At any rate, I don't care. I feel good even though I look every bit of my 64 years. No more fat to round out the wrinkles! Thank you for your good wishes and you're doing pretty darn awesome yourself.

Thanks Karenina, I still have a way to go but I'm getting there.

Before my surgery, everyone told me how I looked much younger than my years because I had no wrinkles because my fat filled me out so well. Well now at 65 I have lots of wrinkles and I expect I'll have many more before I get to goal weight. Oh well, I feel so much better having lost weight. It's worth looking older when I feel younger. :) Too bad I didn't do this when my skin was more elastic. :cool:

You are right, 107 lb would look anorexic!

Cheyenne

Today's the day that I am officially de-classified as obese. My bmi is now under 30 so I'm just plain, ol' overweight. I know the whole thing is a joke. My physical therapist told me there was no way I was obese but it's still a major milestone in this journey.

Congrats on your awesome accomplishment. I am a few pounds shy of the 200 mark myself. Keep up the excellent work.

TillieS

Back