• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finishing my 1st week after surgery (sleeve)

fuww57

So far I've handled the post-surgery pretty well. I haven't needed any pain medication since Monday morning and I think I took it just as a crutch, so no more. All of the food has been staying down. I find myself motivated to be more active and getting inspired with food preparation. I learned how to cook poached eggs in the microwave in 1 minute and I loves me my eggs. I also found blending the nonfat cottage cheese with a snack cup of no sugar added pears or peaches comes out smooth and delicious. It's the closest thing to cheesecake that I'll be having. I found if I split up the protein shake to 2 oz at a time, twice a day helps me avoid tummy troubles. My nutritionist suggested using lactose free milk but I'm fine with all other dairy products so as long as I can tolerate the protein shakes in smaller doses, I'll just stick to that. I'm just amazed that I'm satisfied with such small amounts of food (I actually double-checked the volume of the dish I ate from and couldn't believe it was only 1/2 cup because I was so full) and I finish eating by around 6:30 pm. I haven't weighed myself yet since it hasn't been a week since I left the hospital and they weighed me that morning. I'm not expecting miracles yet. Just relieved that there have been no serious problems and I can manage. People are truly amazed how quickly I bounced back.

Isn't it great? I was the same way! You hear all these problems and issues people have, And its your turn... you are prepared for it.. But its sooo nice not to have to deal with it! I am 2 weeks post op from my Gastric Bypass. Just had my check-up today. All is good! Glad you are having a good outcome! Keep it up!

I finished the 2nd week already and just have 5 days left of the puree diet and crushing pills, which to me has been the worst part. I have no hunger issues because I'm never hungry and hope it stays this way (this is what I was hoping the surgery would do). I do have some issues with feeling too full but that's a sign I need to slow down. I think that once I'm off the puree and need to take time chewing, that issue will go away. I am also surprised that the no drinking while eating rule has not been frustrating since I used to love lots of water during a meal. I also found that the lactaid chewable tablets were the way to solve my problem with protein drinks. I chew on 2 (which have a nice taste) just as I start the protein drink and all goes well. I don't need to use the tablets for any other dairy, so I can still use the gigantic box of powdered non-fat milk.

Back