• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First appt. now behind me!

ascooke63

I met the surgeon today he says i'm a definite canidate for the surgery. We decided on the sleeve. I have some test and appt to complete all are scheduled and will be done by June 6th, Then I just wait for insurance clearance and could have Surgery as soon as July! Whew! It's a little overwhelming and scary but if your gonna do it you may as well get on with it. Its all gonna be done laproscopically, expected hospital stay is 1 night and only 2 weeks with restricted lifting of no more than 20lbs. Please keep me in your prayers and ill keep you posted on the progress.

That's great:D It sounds like everything is falling into place for you, it seemed like it all happened so quick when I did it too. It's perfectly ok to be scared I know I was but I was also tired of trying to lose weigh and to only gain it all back and then some. Let us know how everything goes. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

Something happened while I was trying to post so here goes 9 years ago veryone had the openrny surgery and did not rmove the aapron. Now that I am getting closer to my goal weight it startin to not look so bad. When I am at my goal weight i canwear a large shirt and 3 jeans nandlook good.regular pans with elastic waist is a 16. I am excited because I am now hovering between 196 197. doesn't seem like a big deal but I sat on 200 lbs for over a year. My Dr's scale put me at 210. guess time will tell I am not giving up. I am so glad you have the foot in the door. keep me informed...pattyi

That's great Patti :D! I knew it would just take a little time, the body just needed a little bit of time to get used to the way you were eating post op to rember that it is ok to burn away the fat and keep the muscle. I think I am not far behind you, I am still stuck at between 200 and 195 but my hiking and running speeds are really picking up. Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

Back