• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food stuck in the morning and was sick all day!

Hi, I am about three and a half weeks post-op so it may seem like I have a lot of questions, sorry in advance. Yesterday was one of the hardest days I have had. I did not chew my eggs like I should have, mostly out of not being in the habit quite yet, and I threw up everything I tried to eat and drink for the rest of the day. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi, I am about three and a half weeks post-op so it may seem like I have a lot of questions, sorry in advance. Yesterday was one of the hardest days I have had. I did not chew my eggs like I should have, mostly out of not being in the habit quite yet, and I threw up everything I tried to eat and drink for the rest of the day. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Hi. I'm so sorry that happened. I am 4 months post op and learned the lesson last week that even with chewing food like I'm supposed to, if I don't take the tiny bites it can cause trouble.
The first time it happened to me, I struggled the next day and eventually called my surgeon. I had a very specific diet for 3 days and then reported back how I was feeling. Then I could go back to the foods I was allowing that phase again.
Definitely when in doubt ask your surgeon or their team. I had a different issue prior to that and my surgeon had to tweak things for me and it made a HUGE difference.

Back