• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

gaining weight after surgery

Alan

I had surgery nov 18th 2011 went to my dr last month and have gained back 6 lbs know I'm trying to take it off before I go and see him the end of this month...I have been going to the gym twice everyday I do a little weights then do the elliptical for around 2 to 4 miles I do 3 in morning then go back at nite and may do 4 miles....what can I do to get this weight off before I see him?

You are not going to get any sugar coating here, Alan. You've lost 70lbs. You KNOW how do it. Keep up the good work and stick to the plan and you'll do great!

Get in that protein, water, and avoid the carbs. Keep exercising. If you have already done all this maybe you are on a plateau but since you gained I don't think so. If you have to go back to your original literature and meal plan from your dietician and start over to get back on track. Good luck. You know what you need to do. Keeping a food journal might help.

I'm a little late in replying. How has your weight loss gone? Losing six pounds in two weeks might be a little much. I'm definitely an advocate of low carb and, between that and your exercise routine, the pounds should come off pretty quickly. How are you doing?

Its comming along good know,,Went to dr in like jan or feb and he put me on phentermine was on it for a month lost 3 lbs...So then I kick start my gym routine up from what I was doing..Was doing 2 miles on eliptical jumped it up to doing 4 miles every day went to see dr just last week and have lost 12 lbs in a month last time I seen him like march 25th and just saw him april 22 that time frame I lost 12 lbs

Go back to the protein rich diet and eliminate starchy carbs like bread, potatoes, pasta. When I need to lose a few pounds I eat lean meat and veggies until I am at my goal weight again. Do not let it get too high before you do something. Exercising is good, but you know it increases your appetite, so you need to be careful of what you are eating for snacks as well. Fruit & fruit juice can really pack on the pounds even though they are "healthy" food! I know it is hard, but you just need to keep your portions small and low cal (everything in moderation).

Good luck!

Back