• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gas-x and Fitness Pal

:p I happen to stop by the Dollar Tree today and found that they had Xtra Strenght Gas-x and its generic counterpart on the shelves. For a dollar a piece I stocked up!

Also, someone at work who is also a Gastric Bypass "survivor" told me about a website she used and still uses to keep track of her protein, carb, fat, etc. and even her fluids...this is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. I logged into it today and found it very easy to use!

Thanks for the tip about the GasEx. I eat them like candy *LOL* I'm going to find a Dollar Tree and stock up. I was at Costco 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe they were out!!!

I use myfitnesspal and have done so for many months. It is a great tool and my doc/bariatric team speaks highly of it as well....very easy tool to use.

Jessica

Myfitnesspal.com

I, too use this site. It has really helped me a lot. My hair was really coming out and the biotin I was taking may have helped a little, but not enough. I started using myfitnesspal, and saw I wasn't getting as much protein as I had thought. Bumped up the protein and my hair is looking much better!!:eek: It's an awesome site to track everything!!

I have surgery next week, so I 'm curious. Why do you need so much Gas-X? What makes you gassy?

A diet high in protein causes gas for most people, even those who have not had WLS. Another thing that is going on is after gastric bypass surgery our food is being digested in the small intestine instead of the stomach. This process change creates a lot of gas. In my experience it's getting better over time and I have stopped using so much GasEx but still need some.

Hi chart6283

i lost some of my hair after surgery from previous health issues, but in the last 15 months i have been buying a vitamin supplement at walmart, "skin, hair& nails' it has made my hair back to it's original thickness, gave me hard fingernails it's worth the money and it works.
They have walmart brand & i think a generic around$ 6.00 i am very happy with the success it's brought me. Cause my hair went from thick to loosing it each time i washed it, this mineral vitamin whatever you want to call it really works, it's a little larger than a tylenol so may have to crush up once have w/l surgery.no more thin hair , thick healthy hair again. And yes it too contains biotin as one of the ingriedents& other ingriedents too.
Hope this helps you too.
Donna

Back